“Good food, wonderful friendly service!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Vancouver
“Good food, wonderful friendly service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and I stopped in here for breakfast while passing through Edmonds.

I had two eggs, and my hubby the Grand Slam breakfast. (he gave me his toast as his came with pancakes also!)

The meals are huge and very inexpensive. We live north of the border in BC, and the same meal would have been double at home. (no, I am not exaggerating!) My eggs were $3.98, and my husband's meal, $9.99. The waitress told me the eggs were $1.99 each and did I still want them at that price. Very sweet young woman, she should come to BC and see what our eggs cost! Extremely reasonable to us. (I couldn't believe they had a full breakfast for $6.99!) Our total bill was $16.00, we left $22. because the waitress was so pleasant. (I also noticed she was calling the regulars by name)

We would definitely eat at Denny's again, but a word of caution, the meals are HUGE! (even my hubby couldn't finish all of his)

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Warm Beach, Washington
“First visit since Denny's at Shoreline closed 3 years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Parking from Aurora Hwy 99 West up hill on 205th to obscure entrance on right---exit the same way. Adequate parking---Nice decor---light and airy---Booth was tight for me as are booths in other restaurants today---table top does not slide---- (I am not large) Ask for a wider booth or table if you don't like tight.....Nutritional guide available at tables is a big plus for Diabetics actually working to reduce weight items individually listed so you can assemble the "Slams"etc. wisely. Lots of sodium here though....Turkey bacon really tasted good----my dish; eggs, hash browns, and a fruit side were excellent. Not so the Clam "chowder" which had about two bits of clam and was very watery which is inappropriate for Puget Sound---but the Kale salad look very good and fresh---good wait service by friendly staff---Bar next to dining area is separate
and not intrusive but that is where the big screens are. They have a new loyalty card. I will go back!!!

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Very Disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am not one to complain about restaurants but this Denny's is a disgrace to the franchise. Roughly 3 months ago my fiancee and I wanted to go to Denny's and happened to see the sign for this one. At the time it was closed and had a banner saying "Coming soon!" So, we took note of that and vowed to come back when it was open.

Roughly a month ago we visited this location on a very busy evening. We were first surprised by the condition of the interior. We thought it had been newly renovated but the dining area had clearly not changed in years. There was dust on the trims and the booths had rips in the upholstery. The service was terrible but the food was fine. We left understanding that it was late and they were running a skeleton crew at a busy time and that whatever their renovations had been must have been in the kitchen.

Skip now to a week ago. My fiancee and I decided to go back and give them another try. First thing in the door, the manager comes over and beckons us in then proceeds to walk us to a corner area by the bar where the tables had been cleared but not cleaned and set. He sat us at one of these tables after briefly brushing it off with a towel. Then he asked if we wanted any drinks. We drink water and so he brought us two waters. My glass had black/green particles floating in it! Normally this wouldn't bother me too much but I had drank out of the glass before I noticed and I had felt a large piece of something slide down my throat. I have no idea what it was! We flagged down the manager and he promptly took my glass. He returned it (same glass I might add) a short time later virtually unchanged save for water on the outside which showed that he had only rinsed the outside of the glass. I don't even think he dumped the water out and gave me fresh water.

Then there was the waiting. We sat at our booth for 15 minutes before we flagged the manager down again to say that we hadn't been served. Mind you, the entire time, he was talking to another table, one of the waitresses was nowhere to be seen, and the only other waitstaff was the bartender who was trying to clean up the bar area. The manager then grabbed the bartender to help us. We could tell she had not expected to have to wait on us because we were not in her section but she politely took our order and hurried off to execute it. We ordered nachos, two entrees, I also had a small soup and my honey ordered a salad. She brought me the soup I asked for and the salad. Then there was another long wait. I even noticed our order come up on the counter and the other waitress (who was supposed to be serving us) picked it up, looked at it, then put it back. I just stared! Then, the bartender wound up serving other tables as well to cover for her lacking manager and the other waitress. Finally the other waitress said something to the bartender. I saw the poor woman look our way with alarm then rushed over to us. She then proceeded to tell us that the other waitress had told her they were out of nachos. The bartender was surprised and asked the manager about it. He wound up in the freezer where he found the darned things. The bartender then asked if we still wanted them. We didn't so she cancelled the nachos and brought us our food which had sat on the counter for a good 5 to 10 minutes.

Checkout time brought the manager back into view and he apologized for the service. He gave us 15% off but couldn't work the register in order to cancel the nachos and give the discount! The bartender had to do it for him! Then he proceeded to tell us that the reason we had not gotten our nachos was because the cook had refused to go into the freezer to look for them!

The whole experience was terrible. From the dirty glass, lazy/inattentive staff, to the clear mis-communication between the manager and the waitstaff it was a horrible experience. I do not recommend this Denny's at all. If you do go there, be sure to get the bartender because she is awesome. She tried to make the best of a bad situation and it really showed. We gave her a good tip simply for all of the cr@p she went through.

Then in the end the food made us a little sick. I'm not surprised really. I've never had so much trouble at a Denny's in my life! Do not go here!

• Visited April 2014