“Delicious!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
WA
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

The food here is delicious! We have been a few times and haven't had a bad meal yet. The sauces are great! We lick the plate clean every time. And the chef will make adjustments to whatever your needs are. The service is on the slower side, but hey... it's a French restaurant and things are more leisurely there anyway! The server is no-nonsense but she does her job well. Yes, the restaurant decor is somewhat dated and there are fake flowers in cheap vases, but I like the ambiance (and the view's not bad). Someone mentioned overcooked veggies... well I prefer mine cooked all the way. The trend of half cooked (crispy) veggies in trendy restaurants is getting out of hand! I love their creamed spinach and I've NEVER been a cooked spinach lover. And you can always find a deal with the Entertainment Book or http://Restaurant.com so you don't have to pay full prices (which are a bit steep). Come to think of it, we've never actually paid full price before. Overall, we love to go back here when we crave a delicious meal.

2 Thank graceshan

Seattle, USA
“Consistently good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I work near Cafe de Paris, and have probably had lunch there well over a hundred times in the last decade, with the occasional dinner visit as well. The food is consistently delicious - the french onion soup, the salads (best dressing in the world!), the crepes, the fettuccini, and even the hamburger and fries, are among the best I've had. When I take colleagues there, Ithey've always pleased.

Specials usually include a fresh fish dish. 99% of the time, these are genuine melt-in-your mouth perfectly prepared. Once, the fish was perfectly edible but just slightly overcooked. It happens. The veal stew with wild mushrooms is wonderful and yes, those really are morels in there.

The service is friendly and willing; they genuinely want to make your experience a good one. I'd have to say they are perhaps not as well trained as one might wish, and knowing how many servers to schedule in a place that can be nearly empty one day and slammed the next must be a nightmare. This is a local family restaurant, and a treasure to our neighborhood. It does not have to be perfect to be loved.

The owner/chef is more than willing to adapt a dish: If you prefer your fish amandine rather than with lemon and capers, no problem. Want chicken with your fettucini rather than clams and mussels? No problem.

For the quality and the portion-size of the food, the price is reasonable. Dinners are considerably more expensive, but again, the quality is excellent so the value is definitely there.

3 Thank Amarajohn
Washington
“The only saving grace is the soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have visited this restaurant on 3 different occasions, each time hoping that the next time will be better. The service is appaling and the entree's are bland-the vegetables overcooked. Aren't the french know for their sauces? The food here is such a disappointment! After 3 visits I feel this is a safe review. The one positive note is that their french onion soup is honestly some of the best I've had. If you must go, head there in the summer when the windows are open on the patio and you are happy with a bowl of soup, a glass of wine and have the patience for a server who seems to have better things to do than wait on you.

3 Thank Gustovo
Williamsburg, Virginia
“It's French - by Washington standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have been to Cafe de Paris 3 or 4 times and the thing that brings me back is the food. It is not especially unique, (well some of it is) but it is very well prepared. Last nigth I had the steak with red wine sauce and it was unlike any other steak I have had in Washington - tender and much more flavorful. My wife enjoyed the fillet of sole and wanted the Crepe Suzette for dessert. The atmosphere is Washington Paree and the price is not $20/person but more like 45 for dinner. Nonetheless I will be back.

1 Thank auric08
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A charming place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2008

: "A charming place for lunch"
A TripAdvisor Member
This is a wonderful little restaurant. It is clean, cozy, very
comfortable seats, nice views of the ferry area from almost all seats.

I found the server very friendly and attentive. If there is sometime's a little wait,it appears to be because this is a two-person run restaurant, and almost everything is made to order.

I was there for lunch today, so we only sampled the lunch menu. The soups and crepes are superb, possibly the best crepes
in Seattle. I had a beef bourguignon crepe, and the beef was
tender, succulent and perfectly cooked; the sauce was
delicious, just spicy enough to enliven the beefy flavor of the gravy. .
The cream of leek soup was, again, one of the best I've had,
again, because of that balance between taste polarities.

Desserts leave that balance for the side of richness - my
companion had a sort of flan - creme brule? - that was
swimming in syrup and topped with large mound of whipped cream.

This will be one of our ten favorite local restaurants - along
with T&T for Chinese, Matsu Sushi for Japanese, Chaiyo for
Thai, the Tacos Guayamas on 196th St in Lynnwood for Mexican,
and the Caspian Grill in the U District for Persian.

1 Thank SeattleTeddy

Been to Cafe de Paris? Share your experiences!