“Disappointing - but packed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Rusty Pelican Cafe
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonds, Washington
“Disappointing - but packed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

still too new to tell -- seveal tries and each one disappointing
two restuarant owners in Edmonds and several servers felt the same. Try back in six months.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank karen k

Seattle
“Great flavors & value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

After hungrily walking around downtown Edmonds reading restaurant window menus, we chose this pleasant spot. My Chicken Gyro was the deal of the week, with a Greek salad (sadly, missing cucumbers), a well-stuffed sandwich AND fries or fruit. The chef had grilled the pita lightly and perfectly, and the chicken was an abundance of actual breast slices (not the typical pressed gyro meat), dressed with a tasty tzatziki sauce. Their Cobb Salad (lite portion) also came loaded with chicken. Though it was a busy Saturday, our meals came quickly. (Our server seemed a bit harried, missing her smile.) Looks like breakfast and baked goods are a specialty here. We enviously eyed a neighboring table's gigunda waffle piled high with fruit and whipped cream. Maybe next time!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ce M
Seattle
“Go for breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The owners have 2 Rusty Pelicans and a greek place in Lynnwood. You won't go wrong with any of them. I think that the Rusty Pelican is best for breakfast. Their baked goods are homemade, wonderful and huge! I find the quality of ingredients to be very good and a decent value. Worth visiting for breakfast.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edmonds, Washington
“On vacation at home in Edmonds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We finally tried RP out on a January Sunday morning. When we walked in I was excited about what I saw, it was like being on vacation and going to a beach town cafe. Oh, that's right, Edmonds is a beach town! Also, I liked the looks of all the homemade baked goods available to order or eat there. The breakfasts we got were good. My husband enjoyed his CA scramble but the biscuit was just OK. Huge, but OK. DD was happy with her meal. I was happy. Only things that weren't happy were the temp in the restaurant and the chairs. I noted that the back and front doors are aligned so when opened at the same time a chill breeze zips through the cafe. Lady at table next was wearing her ski jacket too. Now, the chairs were large and sturdy but stiff and too high. Like my feet were just touching the ground and I'm 5'9." This makes it hard to settle in. A booth would solve both problems as the booths were further from the jet stream and looked comfy. Next time I come I will ask for one.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Sit outside with your dog!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The best part of this restaurant is sitting outside with my dog. The food is good but I have found egg shells in my eggs more than a few times. Its a lovely place to eat before walking around the farmers market in the spring/summer.

Visited July 2012