“NO HEAT IN ROOM 108”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Vancouver Island, Canada
“NO HEAT IN ROOM 108”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The problem started after we retired to bed and noticed the heater did not function. By this time it was quite late, we were all dressed for bed/ in bed and didn't want a maintenance person invading our privacy. It was chilly but my husband and daughter fell asleep. I was awaken, (several times during the night/ very early morning) by the cold and searched for an extra blanket inside the room to find nothing. I attempted adjusting the dials thinking I may have made a mistake. I did not! This was confirmed in the morning with the front desk and when maintenance arrived after we got up in the morning. I called the front desk around 4 AM. They offered to send maintenance however like most we didn't want our privacy awkwardly invaded in such a manner. I ran my feet in hot water and got up to put extra layers of clothing on. After breakfast I again addressed the front desk with this issue where a woman responded by stating I should have had maintenance correct it. I responded by saying that we were not comfortable having our privacy invaded in the middle of the night, understandably or at least one would hope!! I am offended at the implication it is our fault we didn't have heat. The hotel is responsible and should be more understanding. We feel compensation is necessary. It is ridiculous we had to freeze through the night at a hotel where we PAY for comfort. As well, I do not appreciate the attitude directed towards me and the complete lack of sympathy and apology. This of course does NOT include the maintenance woman. She was exceptionally understanding, kind and sympathetic most especially when I shared that my 7 yr old daughter was freezing cold when I laid down next to her to warm her up first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Make sure the heat works before you unpack!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jan C, Manager at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff try to keep all items and equipment in the guestroom in good working order. It is my understanding that the unit was functioning, but perhaps not warm enough for your pleasure. We do understand that you may not have wanted a maintenance person coming to the room late in the evening, however, it is unfortunate that we were not even given the opportunity to provide additional comforters. We take our guests comfort seriously and do respond when notified of any deficiencies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Ketchikan, Alaska, Usa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Lots of stays here...consistently excellent...staff, especially Darlene, amenities, rooms, beds, decor, pillows ( very important to me), beautiful lobby, great location, love the train sounds:). Close to the water and very good seafood restaurants. Nice walking area.

Room Tip: We leave it up to Darlene, always perfect!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your comments and your business.
Washington
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Owners have obviously spent a great deal on this motel to make it very attractive. However, we were somewhat offended by a big tip jar in the self serve typical breakfast facility. Only in America! Let us all look in the dictionary to see what tipping means...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank tomriggs
Jan C, Manager at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you fo staying with us; we apologize if the tip jar in the breakfast room was offensive to you.
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been staying at the Best Western Harbor Inn for many years while attending European travel events in Edmonds. I've always found everything at the Hotel to be consistently excellent on every visit.

Check-in is always fast and efficient and the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and as I've gotten to know many of them over the years, it's a pleasure to see them on each visit. The food offered in the breakfast room is great, and there's a good selection to suit just about any taste. I always look forward to the freshly made Waffles. Also, there's lots of parking provided for those arriving by car, and the hotel is within easy walking distance to the travel event venues in downtown Edmonds, as well as restaurants and stores.

My rating in the "restaurant" category below applies only to the breakfast room, as there is no full-service restaurant at this location). I haven't rated the "Spa" category as I've never tried the exercise or other facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with once again and for taking time to let us know that you had a positive experience. We will look forward to seeing you next year.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Compared to numerous motels in the greater Seattle area this one is competitively priced, clean, attractive, and adequate. The only dislikes in my opinion were the rattling and cracking when the heating unit was operating, the nocturnal passing of trains, and the use of a duvet instead of regular layers of cover. For me duvets are too hot in a room temperature in the 60's and it's all or nothing with the duvet. Still, would stay there again for all the positives. The breakfast room and selections are nice and the staff is, too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank JOSEPH and Susa... D
Jan C, Manager at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. For future reference we do offer blankets in lieu of duvets, based upon request. We look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights when my mother passed away and came back for her funeral. I could have stayed at her house, but we had so many people in town and I knew her house would be very crowded. My younger brother had been staying at the Harbor Inn with his wife and baby in previous months when they would come to visit and he raved about it. The rooms are VERY clean, staff is wonderfully friendly an helpful. It's in walking distance to several restaurants and shops. One gripe: I did not like their choice of lobby music. It sounded like funeral music, and I was here for a funeral. Could have been a little more upbeat classical music. But other than that, I had no complaints and would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Jan C, Manager at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we were sorry to hear of your loss; we will be sure to change the music!
vancouver, bc
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk and breakfast room staff. Stayed here for the Europe through the Back Door tour reunion and tour seminars. Booked early this year so we didn't have to stay in Evert and were happy to have a location that didn't require a drive on icy roads early in the morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us during the Rick Steves event and for taking time to post your experience. We hope we will see you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
Best Western Alderwood
Best Western Alderwood
#4 of 13 in Lynnwood
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lynnwood Seattle Everett, WA
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline

Been to Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!