“TRAINS!!!”

Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel has done everything it can to make this a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean & spacious. the toiletries have been upgraded and the mugs and glasses are real. The breakfast room is large and bright and in addition to the expected selections they have added strawberries for the waffles and a breakfast sandwich station. BUT there are trains running ALL NIGHT LONG blasting their horn. It sounded as though the tracks must have been right under our window! For that reason I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Take earplugs
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank fairwindstraveler
TripMarkSeattle, Owner at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for your review on the high quality of our hotel. We work hard to be the "Best in the Seattle Area". We are concerned about your complaint of the train noise. Though we are separated from the trains by many buildings and over 1,000 feet we understand your frustration. We do have rooms away from the Edmonds Harbor that are minimally influenced by the trains. Please feel free to ask for one of these rooms in the future, either overlooking the pool, or looking toward the City of Edmonds. Many of our guests are happy about the harbor and train noise vs other hotels that offer traditional freeway, or highway noise. The location of our hotel is in a very quiet area, which makes to some the train and harbor noise more pronounced. We appreciate your reference to our free breakfast and our great employee attitude. We will work hard to make your stay the best it can be. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I originally posted a review on Oct 31, 2011 describing a poor customer service encounter I had while trying to redeem a certificate issued through a charity event. After posting that review I was contacted by the General Manager and she was very accommodating in re-issuing a new certificate. She apologized for the service I had in dealing with whomever had received my initial email as well as the follow-up phone call I had made.

I do not know if the person with whom I initially dealt with is still at this facility, but if you have any problems I would recommend asking to speak with the General Manager as she truly worked to rectify the situation. I look forward to visiting their facility in 2012.

2  Thank Troy R
Reviewed January 29, 2012

After years of staying in Lynnwood (Courtyard, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn), I've finally found my home-away-from-home in this area at the Best Western in Edmonds. As a consultant with a client in the area, I often have months of weekly travel to the area. I've lost count of the nights I've spent here -- I'm sure it is over 100.

There are a number of things that keep me coming back, but the quality and warmth of the staff are at the top of my list. I could take up the entire post praising each of them, but suffice it to say, that the manager Jan has put together a top-notch team. Echo everything Michael W. has to say!

For a hotel at this price-point, it is very warm and nicely decorated. Always impeccably clean. Personally, I prefer the rooms in the newer part of the hotel, but I know others who prefer the older section which has been recently redecorated. Very comfy beds! The breakfast choices are quite good -- easy to grab a boiled egg and bagel if you're on the run or explore the full complement of choices if you've got more time.

While the hotels in Lynnwood are closer to Alderwood Mall and lots of national chain store shopping, I much prefer the authenticity of Edmonds -- a traditional main street with local restaurants and shops. I think I understand why Rick Steves chooses to live and run his business here!

The hotel has very good parking which is particularly nice when you arrive late at night on a cold blustery winter night. And the location by the water is a real treat during the summer.

Another plus is that unlike the hotels in Lynnwood, this hotel seems to attract fewer traveling youth sports teams -- while I have no objection to kids, I've spent too many nights in hotels where the kids have been allowed to run free with little adult supervision.

So whether for a trip to the local area or as a base from which to explore the Seattle area, give this little gem a try!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Pasadena2257
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This past weekend we had a large family event in downtown Edmonds and stayed at the Best Western. I will admit to expected a somewhat normal Best Western establishment but was very pleasantly satisfied from many perspectives: good rooms (clean, well arranged & nicely furnished), helpful and pleasant staff and a satisfying (though not spectacular) DYI breakfast. The only drawback being the nearby railroad tracks with early and nearly continuous train traffic noise. And I am sure all of the family, comprising six rooms, would wholeheartedly agree. The location was a real boon for us: some coming via Interstate, some by Amtrak and others by ferry.

1  Thank Perrett-traveler
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Convenient location, clean, affordable, friendly staff, quiet rooms, dog friendly too - a good place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I travel all over the US and spend a least 15 nights a month in hotels. The service and attitude of the employees at the Best Western Edmonds is by far the best I enjoy. I depend on the information that Darlene - Customer Service Manager gives me about the area and the way she is concerned about my welfare during my stay. I can tell you that Darren, Hadi and Mike the night clerk who helped me with a computer problem at two in the morning make traveling a lot better when I work in the Edmonds Area. I should also say that the hotel is a lot cleaner then most of the Hyatts I stay at. GREAT HOTEL.

Hotel Wise

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Other reviews mentioning the hotel's smell and surly staff mirrored our experience. Hotel was warmly recommended by trusted local relatives, but something has gone wrong with this place. Very heavy "room deodorizer" smell was everywhere -- in hallways, our room, even outside in landscaping. The place needs CLEANING not covering up some odor. Staff seemed unusually dour. Why? Best Western hotels have been our regional favorites for years. This one needs central management attention!

Room Tip: Ask to SEE room first . . . Watch smells
2  Thank torla42
TripMarkSeattle, Manager at Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

We apologize that your experience was less than positive. You indicated that the smell was also outside in the landscape. We did research the source of the smell and traced it to a plant underneath your window. Due to your comment we are looking to replace all the plants of this species around the building. Thank you for letting us know and thus enabling us to rectify this issue. JC/Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
#6 of 13 in Lynnwood
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront

Been to Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!