“No fuss - just good burgers and fries.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“No fuss - just good burgers and fries.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

No fuss - just good burgers and fries. Order at the counter - carry out only. It would take more will power than I have to actually drive it to another location, so eating in the car it is. Tasty fries cooked darker than your average fast food. Their burgers are 1/8 pound - the Deluxe with 2 patties is a quarter pound meal deal at the menu price of $2.90. My husband and I had lunch recently 1 deluxe, 1 special, 1 order of fries and 2 drinks for about $10.50. It's not often that we can find a satifying lunch for two for 10 bucks.

The atmosphere is vintage drive-up, the counter service is quick so even if there is a line, you probably won't have to wait long.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Shoreline
“by far the BEST Drive-In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

my family & I have eaten here many times, we have never been disappointed. they have the BEST cheesburgers, fries & chocolate shakes....lets not forget about their tartar sauce

• Visited September 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“A Big Disappointment from a Well Known Local Icon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

After living in the Seattle area for many years, and not having checked out Dicks, I made it a point to stop by on our vacation. We were closest to the Edmonds branch so we stopped by. I ordered a Deluxe and my husband ordered 2. We each ordered fries. Ketchup is an additional 5 cents per portion, but I found that to be a waste avoidance measure and not a problem.

For me the problem was my quarter pound burger was smothered with runny condiments. There was more liquid than meat. I don't believe the flavor of the meat was bad, it may have been good, but it was hard to tell. Greasy fries? That goes with the territory, but our fries had no crispness at all. They had the texture of over cooked potatoes, no crispness (as mentioned) and they were completely saturated in grease. It doesn't matter if potatoes have been hand cut if proper cooking techniques are not employed.

My recommendation, head to the Blue Moon Tavern (several locations in Seattle) or the Rogue Brewery in Issaquah for an impressive Kobe burger.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Romulus, Michigan
“Best Deluxe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Burger is great here as always.
Why Dick's? They're just unbelievable! Tasty, service super fast. I would definitely come again. Very great place to go hang out at night with your wife.

I highly recommend this drive-in.

• Visited July 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
“I like Dick's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited when Dick Spady expanded his drive-in to Edmonds. No longer do I and my Wonder Husband have to drive down to Seattle to get the ultimate, old style, 1960's burger. Yes it's greasy, unhealthy and obviously fattening...but who cares! As Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, "sometime you want a tasty burger". Well, this is it! If it's late, you have had a few adult refreshments, and your hungry..... you want Dick's. I recommend the Dick's Special burger, the fantastic homemade French fries and (because we live in Western Washington) tarter sauce. This is a tasty burger!

Visited June 2013

Been to Dick's Drive-in? Share your experiences!