“Beware of Portions!”

The Loft Cafe' and Social Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Loft Cafe' and Social Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 131 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Ave South
Description: The Loft occupies two floors and a heated courtyard available all year round, located in beautiful downtown Edmonds.
seattle, wa
“Beware of Portions!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had not been to The Loft for dinner for a few months. We usually go for lunch ..... We just returned from dinner. The food - we had prawn pasta - was excellent but for $18.00 the portion was just ridiculous! We received what I thought was the small plate portion - Maybe, if some bread had come with the meal, it would have helped. We asked the nice bartender if this was accidentally the small plate and he told us they use really good ingredients. I cook people and this was just a rip off.

• Visited February 2013

Port Townsend, Washington
“Bad place for Irish Coffee”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I were in Edmonds on a cold night and thought it would be nice to have a drink prior to a movie we planned to attend. We looked at several places on the main street and decided that The Loft would be a good place to get a drink while we waited for the show to start. It was a cold weekend night and we were seated in a back patio that had several heaters for the outside. While they did warm the area some, it was still so cold we did not take off our jackets and you could see your breath. For about a half hour, there were no other people there and staff only walked through the space from the kitchen. We ordered Irish Coffees and were served drinks made with very weak coffee and no cream on top. The waiter seemed nice enough, but he did not know what an Irish Coffee is and took back the drinks while we waited a long time for him to return with them. For this we had to pay about $20. I know we should have left right away after being stuck in the cold patio, but we hoped service would get better and I don't like to be rude. It was, however, a very bad experience and I could not recommend the restaurant and would never return there.

• Visited January 2013
Edmonds, Washington
“Watch the bartender”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My partner and I went in for a drink the week end before Christmas. Just wanted a little local vibe on a Saturday night. I ordered a specialty drink off their menu called a "Pomtini". It was supposed to have Grey Goose vodka and Cointreau in it with some pom juice. It was listed as a nine dollar drink. He grabbed a bottle of Monarch vodka and cheap Hiram Walker Triple Sec ($3.99) from Costco. Put it in a shaker with ice, poured it into a martini glass and gave it too me. I told him he did not use Grey Goose and Cointreau, he asked me if I "wanted that". I said that's what you have listed in your menu. He made an excuse that he makes these "cheap versions" for regular customers. It opened my eyes to what these restaurants are doing with these mixed drinks they list. If I wanted bottom shelf vodka and cheap triple sec, I'd have made that at home for alot less than 9 dollars. I only saw him because we were sitting at the bar to observe. We will never go in again, the place cheats the customers.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Chinook279
Seattle, Washington
“East .Coast Owner knows his stuff! And....Amazing young Bartender. Very kind..”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Have been here a few times since opening..private parties, lunch, happy hours, dinner and some groupons.
Food over all very flavorfull with sense of combining different presentations that are very appealing.
Last time the Kobe beef sliders were great..Before Filet min. Tender, cooked perfectly. Dinner could have salad..
Our bartender will have a great career one day...His parents should be proud of him..
Not great when bar is crowded tho...,3 different spaces...to experience..fun place.

Brier, Washington
“OK”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Used a Living Social voucher to try out this restaurant. Food was good, drinks ok. It is a small establishment and the patio was reserved for a private party, so we were seated by the door. This would have been ok in the summer, but one of the servers kept the door open with the door stop and I kept closing it. I do not enjoy having dinner while shivering. Finally he got the clue that it was cold.

• Visited September 2012