“Good food, but a little pricey for what you get.”

The Loft Cafe' and Social Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Loft Cafe' and Social Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 136 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Ave South
Description: The Loft occupies two floors and a heated courtyard available all year round, located in beautiful downtown Edmonds.
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The service and food are definitely above average, but the prices are a bit high for what you get. The atrium is nice in the summer and has space heaters in the winter. Lunch with friends is a good bet.

1  Thank roomtogo

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Pretty expensive. Good service. Nice outside bar with heaters. Pretty cool

1  Thank Sailoffofit
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently moved back to the Seattle area and settled in Edmonds, WA. I've been wanting to get out and try some of the new places for food, wine and music, and read good reviews about this place, so I went there on a Saturday night.

The atmosphere was nice, candles burning at the bar and tables, live jazz in the back area, nice selection of fine wines and food, I stuck to the appetizers and went with the Truffle Fries. Damn those were good! They are shoestring fries, served with truffle oil, salt and herbs, black pepper dijon béchamel. I chose a nice red wine (Argento Cabernet) to go with this filling appetizer.

I am always a bit nervous when going to a new place solo, but the bartender and wait staff made e feel comfortable there, and the people I conversed with at the bar were more upscale and professional. This was a very refreshing atmosphere after traveling through the mid and "wild west" (SD, WY, MT) recently crossing the US, talking with cowboys, ranchers and hunters at local establishments!

I look forward to trying out the Loft during Happy Hour to check out eh after-work crowd, as it seems like a very nice place to relax, have a nice glass of wine, decent eats and intellectually stimulating conversations with some very interesting people...

1  Thank NomadicPixie
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I love good service and good food when we dine out. The Loft had been recommended to me by a friend. It looked like there was only one waitress in the whole restaurant, service was horrible. It wasn't the fault of waitress, but come on! In a time when so many people are looking for jobs and when we expect value and service for our dollars, this type of oversight is inexcusable.

Also the place seems outdated and a little grungie, the rat trap box out on the patio convinced us not to ever return in spite of the good food.

1  Thank genibird
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This resaurant is worth the trip to Edmonds. The decor is hip. They have a great outdoorish patio (feels like you are outside, but you are protected from the elements). I ordered the steak and it was one of the better ones I've had in long time and I ALWAYS order the steak when I'm at a nice restaurant. The wine list was extensive. Service was good, even with a small wait to be seated. The only con would be the bar area isn't big enough to accomodate folks waiting for a table....but if you change that it might take away from the ambiance of the restaurant. If you're in the area and looking for a nice dinner out this is the place to go.

1  Thank karmakid33