“...a reasonable option when you are in need of a pillow.”

Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Vancouver, Canada
“...a reasonable option when you are in need of a pillow.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

This is a basic motel. It is clean and well maintained. The location is convenient to several highways -- and it is busy during the day, surrounded by concrete and pavement. The parking lot is crowded. Rooms are carpeted, basic, and Spartan.
Breakfast is limited in choice, and lacking protein options, but there is some sustenance. Coffee is dilute, but there is a Starbucks in the Safeway across the street, for those who require substance in their coffee. Beds are comfortable, and staff are polite. This motel is pet friendly, provided you pay the $25 fee.
In this location, there are limited options for a frugal budget, and this facility is a good choice, in that regard. It is not, in my opinion, a destination facility, but it is a reasonable option when you are in need of a pillow.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

I stayed at a more upscale motel for two nights before changing to this one. Price was a factor. I saved $50 staying at the Travelodge. The room was a bit smaller and no pillow top mattress but my back actually felt better. I wanted a decent room to spend the night in as I was leaving at checkout time and it met my needs. I spotted a Fitness Room, but it was pretty tiny. They offered a Complimentary Breakfast. However, I had to go out into the lobby with my grandaughter because the breakfast area accomodated only about 8 people. They provided yogurt, bread, coffee, milk, cereal, OJ, apple juice, bread, muffins. If you are looking for fancy, this is not it. If you want a decent place to stay, this might be right for you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TomZee
Baker City,OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

If you are looking for a an upscale place, this is not it. It's a good value for the money and breakfast was included. WiFi was free. My only complaint would be the paper thin sheets, otherwise it was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

Stayed for 3 night, booked through Southwest Airline package for a great price. This place is right off Highway-99 but pretty quiet - both my wife & I slept just fine.

Motel setup was better than most motels with separate sink outside of bathroom, a good size desk, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe, full cable with 6 HBO channels and FREE WIRELESS INTERNET (fast too with 7 Megabits download and 3 Megabits upload speed).

The queen size bed was pretty good as it was firm but not rock hard. Most important criteria for my wife was cleanliness and our room passed (unlike the other reviewer).

We ended up speaking to front desk the first night about our heater not working and she talked us through the reset process (unplug and replug in the HVAC unit) and it worked fine for the rest of the 3 days.

Also it was very close to Seattle (10 minute drive) and we didn't have to pay for parking our car unlike most motels in the city of Seattle.

Continental breakfast is included which consist of: cereal & milk, toast, bagels, plastic wrapped muffins and juice. There is also a desktop computer by the checkin desk which can be used to browse the internet & check email.

All in all we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Napa, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

I found this place through TripAdvisor in the first place. I didn't make a reservation, so I lost out on the chance to get a better rate and ended up paying about $75-80, but found that to be comparable with other hotels of its class in the area, and was happy with this hotel overall.

Free highspeed internet was a huge plus. Free parking and some nibbles in the morning around checkout time didn't hurt, either. This is a basic, no-frills hotel where we felt safe and clean, and there was no noise to speak of the night we were there. We really were just in & out, but still I'd recommend it if you're looking for a decent place where you're not going to worry about bedbugs, noise, or hookers. ;D I'd definitely stay here again if the need presented itself. Check in & check out were both easy, and I have no complaints to speak of.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank indiestace
Atlanta GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2008

I had the hotel hold my luggage and while they had it my laptop, ipod and prescription drugs were stolen out of my luggage. So far, the hotel claims they have no responsibility for this. Hard to believe they could store my luggage in a room only accesible to employees and now claim no responsibilty.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank WorldTraveler0930
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

Our cycling group recently spent a night at the Edmonds Travel Lodge. We booked this motel because it was inexpensive and could accomodate a group. Our expectations weren't too high, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was fine - typical older motel room, but it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. What made our experience so positive was our interaction with Laura, the assistant manager, who was on the front desk. She made us very welcome, and went out of her way to help us enjoy our evening. It's nice to see someone who clearly enjoys her job, and is very good at it too.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
Best Western Plus Edmonds Harbor Inn
Best Western Alderwood
Best Western Alderwood
#4 of 13 in Lynnwood
Americas Best Value Inn - Lynnwood / Seattle

Been to Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds? Share your experiences!