“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Portland, Oregon
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I was shocked by how nice this place was. I had NO expectations AT ALL. We were literally looking for a place to crash after a visit with a friend. Truthfully, the exterior needs a facelift. The rooms however were great!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We arrived in Edmonds to visit family not having made any reservations. Trusting in the Travelodge brand we checked into this location. We felt it was a bit expensive but everything in this area is. Our room was adequate with a working microwave and refrigerator. The air conditioner was very noisy but it worked. The bed was comfortable which was surprising because most motel beds are not. The location was very convenient for our needs.

The questionable or negative aspects were mostly minor for us. The "workout room" was closed and was being used as a junk storage area. The breakfast area only had seating for 6 people at a time. The complimentary breakfast was adequate but nothing fancy, waffles, cereal, pastries, muffins, fruit, coffee and some awful hard boiled eggs. The guest laundry room was locked and not available for use. There were some questionable activities occurring in the adjacent rooms (Prostitutes that chatted up the husband and drug use that was very evident in the air).

Although our stay worked out ok for us I would be cautious if traveling with children or if you have needs above just a bed for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlady37
Ventura, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

You want to know how bad this place is? Once we got there....took a look around, and asked to cancel our reservation. They REFUSED, but regardless....I left knowing I might have to kiss $115 bucks goodbye and went out on a search for another place. THAT's how BAD this place is. First off...don't go by the photos they have online. Either photo shopped or taken way back when this place was first built. The lobby has trash and crap everywhere. It's indicative of how well the rest of the place is managed. I asked to see the room. We got a key to a place on the 3rd floor in the back. No elevator, so you get to haul your stuff up the stairs, stepping over and past the numerous "guests" who can't smoke in the rooms, so they sit out on the stairs and converse with "Bro...F@#K this! You can S@#K it!" and other similar conversation you might expect from the crack house across the street. Before you even get to the stairs, check out the Jacuzzi, covered and then weighted down with 2x4's with rusty nails sticking out of them. I doubt the thing has had water in it for years....as if I'd get into that septic tank in the first place. Then....there are the mattresses stacked neatly under the stairs before you start your ascent. Hoping mine isn't from that stack...on the second floor, there is a large women trying to keep some shirtless guy from coming in to her room, yelling at her that she owes him a dollar! On the third floor, I enjoy the view of the place next door, with what appears to be a trend to throw your old shoes and underwear onto the roof? At my room, I almost knock the cup of cigarette butts off the rail that obviously was placed there by someone who prefers to smoke in front of my room rather than theirs. Inside, I was hoping oxygen masks would drop from the ceiling, but no such luck. Febreze couldn't clear the air here if you sprayed it through a fire hose. The rugs, chairs, bedspread, curtains, walls are all stained with what I can only surmise is bodily fluids from the prior guests. If I had a black light, this room would light up like the surface of the moon! Afraid to touch anything, and worried if I lost a shoe, I'd accquire an STD, or step on an old needle, I headed back down to the lobby to once again try and convince the desk clerk to release my funds. Still no luck. He took a break from our conversation to walk over the sink in the breakfast room, where you will no doubt, be met with a hearty breakfast treat, and hoiked a green one into the sink, and then walked back to once again tell me, sorry, but there was nothing we could do. Even though we had just made the reservation a couple of hours earlier, and were there before 6pm, which is the cut off for cancellations, Went back across the bay to the Poulsbo Inn. Nice place. Less expensive. Travelodge is by far, the most disgusting inn, with zero concern for customer satisfaction that I've ever come across in all my travels. The complimentary shampoo/body wash should be RID lice and scabbie soap

Room Tip: Go across the bay to the Poulsbo Inn. Less expensive and 100x nicer than this place. If you do decid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick H

Travelers are raving about these Edmonds hotels

Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Needing a place to stay for one night in the Edmonds area, we booked this rather overpriced facility and were surprised upon arrival to see a throwback to the 1950's: a three-story, elevator-free, building whose rooms opened to the outside, with ragged furnishings and the poorest excuse for a "free" breakfast that we could recall (the empty coffee pot was never replenished, and the available items were unappealing). We were lucky enough to get a ground-floor room, but plenty of others had to lug their luggage up a flight or two of old stairs.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldCTProf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
Days Inn Seattle Aurora
Americas Best Value Inn - Lynnwood / Seattle
Best Western Alderwood
Best Western Alderwood
#4 of 13 in Lynnwood

Been to Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds? Share your experiences!