“Surprised at how decent the hotel was”

Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Edmonds
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Just a follow up to the Hotel from this past weekend.

We had no problems following the directions to the hotel and it was only about 5 miles from the Alderwood mall. Checked in and inquired about places to eat and the clerk had a hard time recommending a burger place to eat around the hotel. I started asking for certain places like 5 guys and he did find the location for us on the internet and printed off the directions. He did recommend Dick's and we did try that out on Saturday night and it was good.

Put the bags into the room and found the room okay. It was CLEAN and so was the bathroom. The TV was on the smaller size, but at least they had a cable box with some decent channels.

There was a queen size bed and it was bouncier than we were used to.

What is with all the hotels and where they place their shower head? I am 6 foot 1 and every time I visit a hotel I have to bend my back to get my head under the shower head. Can hotels not place the head higher? The shower/tub unit had a slow drain so it was like showering in ankle deep water. Not really an issue, but should be noticed.

We were really surprised that it was only a 1 star hotel.

We were happy with breakfast. Juice (apple, orange, cranberry) and water dispenser. Bagels with butter or jam. Hard Boiled eggs. Bread with a toaster. Also had a duel waffle iron that when followed directions that were posted made a great filling meal.

Were only 5 miles from the Alderwood mall, Northgate Mall was also just down the I5 and 20 minutes south on Hwy 99 was the downtown core of Seattle. When leaving on Sunday, the Seattle Premium Outlets were only 20 minutes north.

Would we be back - Yes.

Room Tip: Had a room on the second floor. Park on the north side so you can see the car.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I satyed at this hotel on a visit to Seattle to see a game and to visit a buddy that moved to the area a few years ago. I was really impressed with this hotel cleaniness compared to how old it is. The hotel furniture and ammenities are older, but well in order and CLEAN. The front desk is pretty helpful as well as the housekeepers. A subway is located next door as well as a few other stores. It is located within a couple of miles of I-5 so easy access to the city or up North to Everrett. It felt pretty safe but does't appear to be from looking at it. The security of the door wasn't perfect and there is no door chain only a dead bolt. I would recommend this hotel for someone who is looking for clean and affordable. There is a standard continental breakfast (cereal, juices, danishes, waffles, coffee). They have cable with HBO, but the signal wasn't the best. The Wi-Fi worked pretty decent and there are a couple of desktop computers to use in the lobby.

Room Tip: There are three floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This hotel was easy to find, check in was easy and the room was clean and functional. The breakfast was good with lots of choices. We had no problems and would recommend for anyone looking for a clean cheap place to stay that is about 20 mins from downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days, it was very quiet and has tons of food options close by. Though we were in the back corner and upstairs. They were in the process of adding new furniture and lights to all there rooms, of course they didn't get to our room yet. The neighborhood isn't the greatest but all in all I enjoyed our stay. OH YEAH, best thing about this motel is if you plan on taking the ferry its only 6 mins away!

Room Tip: upstairs and back corner near the houses.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This was an awful motel. I used Priceline.com and was extremely disappointed. I arrived at 10:30pm on a Saturday with my two young children. The list of BAD experiences is as follows: I had to park in the front parking lot with no view of my vehicle. When I arrived I was informed that I would have to pay an additional $15 plus tax for a room with 2 beds. The room was dingy and outdated. There was a lot of running up and down the hall at that late hour. The room above us had someone jumping up and down yelling. My kids begged me to leave and I lasted 35 minutes before I packed them up and drove the 2 1/2 hours home in the dark, alone. When I left I placed my room key on the counter and said to the clerk "Your hotel is TOO loud for me and my children!".

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kindredspirit12
bucksteriyaki, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2011

I first like to apologize for the late response. There has been some changes we made within our facility such as new management, furniture update, and other key ingredient to make customers feel more comfortable. We have increased our facility monitoring system and with person at front desk stand by 24/7; we are more responsive to any kind of disturbance. I am sorry to hear that you and your children had unsatisfying experience, but I sure you that next visit will be much more relaxing and safer experience. Thank You.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

They are dishonest, Travelodge DOES NOT honor the rate quotes they give online!

When I arrived I was told that they will not honor their own rate quote and I was charged more. I live 2000 miles away, had no where else to go and was forced to pay it.

THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT THEY QUOTED, THEY'RE CHARGING MORE!

Efforts at getting this straightened out were hopeless.. I got nowhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

I first like to apologize for the late response. There has been some changes we made within our facility such as new management, furniture update, and other key ingredients to make customers feel more comfortable. We have increased our facility monitoring system and with person at front desk stand by 24/7; we are more responsive to any kind of disturbance. Also, we have increase out employee training to be more knowledgable and aware of the rate quotes. We will work with customers to offered them the best rate the facility could honor. I am sorry to hear that there was a mix up. I sure you that your next visit will be more pleasant then the last visit you had. Any rate charges and question can be answered during your check in. Once again, I apologize about the unpleasant experience. Thank you

Reviewed May 6, 2010

Dirty wash cloth hanging on shower rod. TV did not work well as many channels that were listed for viewing were locked. Room was shabby and decor discordant. The price was $55 on hotels.com but it was noisy til 3am. Coffee in room but you better like black. The man in the morning was very apologetic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonds
Days Inn Seattle North
Hotel International
Hotel International
#8 of 13 in Lynnwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline

Been to Travelodge Seattle North/Edmonds? Share your experiences!