“Worth the stop”

Cottage Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Eatonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: You won't leave hungry! Hearty paninis are grilled on thick foccaccia bread as well as an extensive list of sandwiches such as our famous Turkey Cranberry and our Pastrami on Rye. We also offer a variety of soups and specialty salads. Don't forget a yummy fresh baked pastry, cookie or donut and of course Espresso! All of this in a warm cozy environment with free WIFI and A/C during the summer with beautiful outdoor seating for those georgous sunny days!
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Good coffee. Great food. Nice people. We stopped on the way home from Paradise and enjoyed the quiet.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were driving to back to Seattle from mt. Rainier when decided to stop and have a cup of coffee. The cafe was an unexpectedly warm and pleasant place, with outstanding cakes and bisquits. Coffe was also tasty. And the staff done their best, so I can responsibly state that it was one of the best cafes I've ever been to, especially taking into consideration that I am a tourist and have visited many places which could be compared with this one. Thanks once more for the staff. And I hope to return there one day for another cup of coffee:)

1  Thank Ivan T
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was difficult to decide which baked goods we wanted with our late-morning lattes. They all looked so delicious and our final selections were yummy. You can also have lunch there.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Love the food here - the paninis were delicious and the chai latte was one of the all-time best I've ever had.

The service was indifferent though. The table wasn't wiped down after the last person used it. A large party of local visitors had taken over the other two tables so we took the one with the dirty dishes. Even after I cleared the table the table and took the dishes to the counter, no one bothered to come and wipe the table or check if it was clean. It wasn't but I had handi-wipes with me for just that purpose.

Still the big party next to us had all finished their food and drink so it wasn't like they were taking up the time of the people working in the cafe.

Being as we went in happy and it good spirits, it would have improved our impression enormously if the people behind the counter had managed to muster a smile in return.

I'm giving it an 'average' on atmosphere because the lack of friendliness really hit home.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We drove to Eatonville today to pick up refinished furniture from David Wuller's Furniture Repair, who does awesome work himself! He once again recommended this place for a sandwich. WOW! What a great surprise...I had been to Eatonville many times and had seen this place but hadn't stopped. My husband ordered a Turkey, bacon, cheddar sandwich and I ordered a Turkey, cheese and tomato pesto (can't remember exact name). First bite and we both looked at each other and said, what an incredible sandwich. The crunchie focaccia bread, the flavor of the tomato pesto combined with the turkey and cheese...absolutely delicious! Comes in a basket accompanied with chips, the sandwich portions, plenty to either share or bag it and take home for later which we did, YUM! We struck up a conversation with Laurie, which we later found out was one of the owners. Not only was she friendly but also so proud of their work and what they have done since buying the business about a year ago.
The place has a great atmosphere, is spotless, has lots of outdoor seating as well as indoor. They also have plenty of grassy area for a picnic. Planning a trip to Rainier Mountain, stop and buy your sandwich to go at the Cottage Bakery & Cafe, it'll add the finishing touch to your trip.
Laurie let us know one of their most popular items was their Apple Fritters so we decided to take one for the road for our EASTER coffee tomorrow morning. We couldn't wait & on the way home we tasted it, can't wait for tomorrow mornings coffee for the rest. They are not only the largest I have ever seen but the BEST! We lucked out and bought extra for our neighbors.
On the way home my husbands comment was, "I know this place is far from home, (1.5 hours) but I would drive out just to have one of their sandwichs & I'd call ahead & have them hold a fritter for me". All I can say to that is..."I'll second that". They are also baking cakes and many other delicious delights. Best of luck to Laurie and her partner in the business, may you have many years of success! Keep up the great work!!! Thank you & we'll be back! N & J
PS...On a clear day you can see Rainier and if you look closely you'll see the profile of the towns Indian Henry. Maybe Chief Henry, not sure.