“Westsound Cafe is exceptional”

West Sound Store & Cafe
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: •Casual Pacific Northwest Restaurant with International Flair•Casual, Innovative, Delicious!•Inviting, Relaxed Atmosphere•Stunning Views of Water, Marina and Islands Beyond•Spirit of Hospitality•Friendly, Attentive and Knowledgeable Staff•A Favorite Island Locals Gathering Place•Committed to Giving Back to our Community
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My husband and I had a delightful dining experience at the cafe. We were warmly welcomed and the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the "wedge salad" and "carnitas tacos" along with a wonderful selection of wine. My husband is a consultant to national and international restaurants and enjoyed the experience. Bravo!

2  Thank tucsongirl61

Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had a delightful dinner at the opening night for the new owners and chef and it was exceptional. The steak and the carnitas tacos were outstanding! The service was friendly and attentive and the view of West Sound and the boating activity is delightful. I am a bit of a taco snob and these were some of the best I've had anywhere in Mexico or the southwest. The menu is interesting and diverse (I had difficulty choosing). This is a great place for a wonderful food experience at a very reasonable price. I'll be back!

Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed at the Kingfish Inn in July 2010. I can only say that relaxation just coorelates with the Kingfish Inn and Orcas Island. Our hosts Bob and Lori were a deadly combination of master chef and unseen housekeeper. When we first arrived the rustic decor and gravel parking lot made me appreshensive. We met Bob and the kitchen door (he is a dead-ringer for Richard Boone, the actor), who showed us our rooms above the restaurant. When I swung open the door to the room, all apprehension was gone. What a beautiful, large room with a view of the cove and marina. B&B guests are served breakfast (and can have dinner reservations) in the restaurant below (the restaurant is only open for dinner-and is always crowded-I did say Bob was a master chef!) Lori was reminiscent of a cruise ship steward - never seen, but her handywork of clean rooms and linens always evident. Bob, is the character of this quaint place, whatever he cooks will be delicious, anythiing on the menu is excellent. He could probably make my shoe taste good! I highly recomend this B&B and especially the restaurant as the prices are cheap compared to the quality and portion.

2  Thank canoer-jer
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Also known as The Kingfisher, this little place in West Sound is incredible. We ate dinner there in mid-August, 5 of us in a booth. The service was a little slow at first, we had to wait about 10 minutes just to order a drink, but they were busy and we weren't in a hurry. They have Manny's Pale Ale, my favorite beer, so things started out very well indeed. Apart from my entree serving being a little smaller than I would have liked, the food was incredible, flavor as good as any place anywhere. The dessert was out of this world, some chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, the best dessert I've ever eaten anywhere. I couldn't believe it. We didn't sit out on the deck, we wished we had reserved a table there, it was a warm evening!! We plan to go there next year IF it is still open. Sadly, our server told us the owners are thinking of closing down.

1  Thank hull534
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The food was great, very fresh and tasty. The waitress is very friendly. We ordered calamari and salad for starters, pork sandwich, fisherman's stew, and fish taco for the entrees. They were all good. It’s great value compared to the restaurants in Eastsound area.