“Great time, wonderful food”

and 1 more site!
Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 13 Eastsound B&B and Inns
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Great time, wonderful food”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Carl and Sue are wonderful hosts. They are very outgoing and a pleasure to visit with. The five course breakfast each day was a special treat for us both. The Deer are everywhere, caution drive slowly almost hit one that ran across the road. Great getaway, lots of birds on the property, some we had never seen. We look forward to going back.

1 Thank Dennis B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We actually planned our last vacation around spending 2 nights here. We had never been to the San Juan islands, and this place helped make the trip a great experience! Carl and Sue were very welcoming and gave us pointers about what to do on the islands. We stayed in the swan room which was quite spacious and very comfortable. Be sure to allow time to enjoy the breakfast each morning. It was creative and delicious! We spent one evening on the back deck sipping wine and watching the many birds who frequent the feeders in the pond area. I would definitely recommend this b&b to friends or family traveling to this area.

1 Thank mnshort
sotter, Owner at Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Many thanks to you for providing good advice to future guests--the real value of this forum!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I went to Otters Pond for a get-away weekend, and it lived up to all our expectations. The breakfast was delicious and the pace of the inn was relaxing and refreshing. The accommodations were exemplary, the beds and bedding were very comfortable, the hot tub was perfect and the hosts Carl and Sue were helpful and kind. The location was convenient with hiking, shopping, biking and anything else you would want close by.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Humming Bird room, no view of the pond, but quiet and secluded.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BFields_12
We appreciate knowing you had a terrific time here. Your kind words mean a lot to us!
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Today I tried to book a room with the Otters Pond for my parents as a surprise for birthday present for my mom and when I booked online my dad received an email that all of the information in invalid. I called the 800 number on their page and tried to book the room over the phone and the male that answered the phone said that they can't take reservations over the phone but need to book online. Again I went to book online and had to call the BB with the security code on the credit card and a female answered the phone and was completely rude!!! She refused to book the room because she said that the room was up a flight a stairs and because my mom has diabetes and said that my parents would be a liability if they stayed there, the owner also said and I quote "the food here isn't very good so maybe you should find a different place."
I don't understand why the owners were so unaccommodating and completely rude. I will never try to book with them ever again and will tell all my friends and family to never book with them

7 Thank Firefighter85
sotter, Owner at Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
On very, very rare occassions, we decline a reservation request and our rationale for doing so invariably is based on health and safety concerns. We regret that our kindly phrased and helpful suggestions were considered to be rude.
We received an on-line request for a reservation through our reservation system as submitted by this prospective guest. The credit card was declined; all the telephone numbers were invalid; the e-mail address was erroneous. We mailed a letter to the requester stating that we must decline the reservation based on false information in the request. She then telephoned us to say that the reservation was for her parents. The conversation revealed that her parents had significant mobility issues, had dietary issues related to diabetes and had a language barrier. With her mother’s dietary needs and (language challenge) we concluded that we could not serve the guests' needs satisfactorily and we stated to her again that we must decline the reservation request. We recommended a few small hotels having restaurants where her parents could order meals in tune with their dietary requirements and would also be able to handle their mobility difficulties. With our 5-course breakfast beginning including sorbets, fresh fruit, cereals and varied main courses we thought she would be better served with more choices elsewhere.
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My mom took me to Otters Pond a few years ago on my first visit to the San Juan Islands. The room we stayed in (Bluebird, I believe) had a wonderful view of the pond and it's own bathroom with a huge shower right next door.

Ever since staying at Otters Pond, I've been dreaming of their four course breakfasts (to die for!) and taking my husband to enjoy the experience.

This was my first stay in a B&B. I've stayed in a few since, but none match the hospitality, comfort, or quality I experienced at Otters Pond. Thanks, Mom, you spoiled me! =)

• Stayed July 2011
Rainier
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Having never stayed at a bed & breafast before, I was more than a little apprehensive about trying it. Otters Pond was my first experience and I must say set a high standard for comparing places I have stayed since. Carl and Susn were the gracious hosts that you read about in travel magazines. The meals were excellent. It was exciting to come to the table each morning just to see how it would look. Each day we had different table coverings and place settings... a whole new look for the new day. Nothing duplicated all week.and everything made fresh for us each morning. When we would return later in the day there was always fresh lemonade on the counter for us to help ourselves to. Nuts and other munchies were always out and available for us. We were free to use the house library or take a book out on the deck. The birds were fun to watch and the geese would come right up to the deck. The hot tub was a new experience for me too and was the only thing that I didn't really like all week. It was a sad day when it was time to leave because our hosts and their dog seemed just like family by now. I can't wait to go back. Oh, and the hot tub... I have learned that I don't like any of them. They are too hot!

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem the downstairs room's available
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Darlene P
Albany, Oregon, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Otters Pond Bed & Breakfast is the next best place to Paradise! I have stayed here 4 times now and have never been anything but amazed by the comfort, the food and the service. I have stayed at other B&Bs and have never found one to compare with Otters Pond. Carl & Sue are absolutely the most gracious and helpful hosts I have ever had. They really go the extra mile to make your stay special - from the fresh flowers in the room, the hot tub by the pond, and the binoculars and bird books for watching the multitude of birds that visit their feeders, to the yummy snacks and beverages in the evening. The 5-course breakfasts are so good you would never know how nutrition-aware the hosts are in planning the menus! If you need ideas for things to do or places to eat they are more than willing to make suggestions and reservations. I am already dreaming of my next trip to this awesome spot in Paradise!

Room Tip: I love the Bluebird Room! It's small and cozy with a king bed and an upstairs view of the pond!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy B
Thanks so very much for your review! Knowing you had a great experience here is what keeps us motivated!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
#2 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!