This is hands down the best bed and breakfast we have been to and we have been to quite a few. we were seven of us and got two rooms and a "suite". The hosts were friendly and left us alone for most of the part. Here are some of the details
- This inn is far from civilization on the way from the ferry to the town of eastsound. We enjoyed it as the whole purpose of our trip was to get away from the city and be close to nature, so we didn't mind it.
- Note that you would be staying in someone's house. Every room has its doors but it's still part of the house so you may hear some people walking around. We didn't mind it as we were one large group that took over the whole house.
- The little pond is beautiful. We sat on the dock in the night and sipped a little Woodford Reserve that I had brought from seattle. Perfect.
- The hosts are charming and very friendly. Feels like you are staying at your distant uncle's house. Henry cooked us a delicious breakfast of egg soufle and puff pastry with smoked salmon.
- The house is heavily decorated and it treads the fine line of between charming and kitschy (depending on your mood)
- One thing is that, if you stay here, you WILL need to drive to the town to buy or eat anything
We hope to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every suite has private Jacuzzis and Decks. Pond Suit Sauna and Fireplace. Water's Edge have a kitchenette and Fireplace. Winter free woods.Games for outside .Picnic around the Pond and on the woods, enjoy the waterfall and watch the Birds enjoy the sunset every day from your deck .Dinner or breakfast on the deck or on dinning room .Very large Garden around the Pond, visit the vegetables garden or roses garden,and walk to Wild rose stable to see the horses and ponies play with Sunny the mini Horse ride or take a lesson ect... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Old Trout Bed And Breakfast Orcas Island/Eastsound, WA