“Ambiance with superb breakfast”

Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Eastsound B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2004

A capitivating B&B with the most knowledgeable hosts you could ask for. Truely an experience worth repeating. A breakfast presented with flare that was absolutely an epicurian delight. My taste buds yearn for more treatment like this. Yes, in addition to the skills of a master chef these folks are friendly. They exude a pride which shows through in maintaining one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed at.
Tom & Sue Tschohl

2  Thank TomSueT

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 25, 2004

The Kangaroo House is like a little paradise on earth! The room, the breakfast, the garden - everything is special and makes you feel special. This is the perfect place to relax and de-stress from the city!

Too bad that Kangaroo House isn't in Europe, otherwise I would come here often.

• Stayed: July 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Enumclaw, WA
Reviewed May 31, 2004

GO THERE! all the other reviews are 100% accurate. I was hesitant taking the advise of an online service... I mean how are you to know if the owners of the business aren't writing the review?? WELL I put that fear aside and chose the Kangaroo house... from the moment I drove up my girlfriend and I were more than impressed. I'm 23 yrs old and Had never been to a B&B... I was a lil nervous because I always thought B&B's were for Old people... I was wrong. This place made us Feel more at home than my own parents do. We were greeted at the door with a Large Welcoming smile from Peter... which I didn't expect because most peoples first glance at me and I can read in their eyes "PUNK TATTOOED KID" but I didn't feel like this, even showing up in a Wife Beater with a side ways cap. Helen was as equally as welcoming.

Once inside this beautiful older home (just remodled) take a look at the ceilings (I have a thing for ceilings) they are beautiful, the rooms are outstanding. We stayedi n the Flicker Suite and it was MORE than enough.

Talk about Romantic. Their Hot tub is nestled back in the corner of their lot, amongst the garden.. its a perfect location for ummm ... well you know, being that you get to sign up for a time to use the hot tub so you are totally encased in privacy.

The breakfast was outstanding, I never eat breakfast (infact I'm still full a day later) but this was great, sour dough pancakes, hordes of fruit some pastry thing that was all fancy looking and some of the best sausages I've ever had.

If I could give this 6 stars I would. I'm going back again... and again. Next time I'm bringing the Kid ;)

Go there. You will NOT be dissapointed.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 20, 2004

Immaculate and comfortable room with tasteful (period) decorations and thougtful amenities. Beautiful (spectacular!) gardens with hot tub. Brekfast was four-star quality. The dining room, decks, library, and fireplace were very nice. The 'last minute' deal advertised on their web site was a great value. The innskeeps, Helen and Peter Alan were two of the nicest people we've ever met. It's 'close to town' in Eastsound, WA, too, so easy to get to shops and world-class resturants.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ellensburg, WA
Reviewed May 15, 2004

My fiance and I are both CWU students, on a last minute whim we went on a weekend trip to Kangaroo House, and we were so glad we did! The breakfast was amazing! The best homemade pancakes I have ever had, and the hosts made us feel at home and so welcome.They have a hottub out in the garden, and are minutes from the action in Eastsound. It was a wonderful experiece and I slept better there then in my own bed at home. If you like low key, relaxing, great service and food, you will not be disapointed staying here! a great, private romatic getaway as well!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richland, WA
Reviewed April 21, 2004

Always relaxing, homey, friendly, welcoming. Always hard to leave. Excellent food and coffee. Peter and Helen radiate their charm. There's no place like this anywhere. Always love when I get to stay there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 28, 2004

My kayaker friends and I have stayed at this wonderful place twice. The breakfasts are phenomenal (so plan to exercise during the day), and the rooms are delightful. We kayak hard all day, then soak in the hot tub.
Later, we enjoy some wine while relaxing in Peter and Helen's beautiful garden. It couldn't be better. It's a short walk into Eastsound to restaurants. I highly recommend the Kangaroo House. We'll be back again this summer!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
#3 of 11 in Orcas Island
Rosario Resort and Spa
Rosario Resort and Spa
#2 of 5 in Eastsound

Been to Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island? Share your experiences!