“MY! OH MY! What a Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island
Ranked #1 of 13 Eastsound B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“MY! OH MY! What a Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2004

GO THERE! all the other reviews are 100% accurate. I was hesitant taking the advise of an online service... I mean how are you to know if the owners of the business aren't writing the review?? WELL I put that fear aside and chose the Kangaroo house... from the moment I drove up my girlfriend and I were more than impressed. I'm 23 yrs old and Had never been to a B&B... I was a lil nervous because I always thought B&B's were for Old people... I was wrong. This place made us Feel more at home than my own parents do. We were greeted at the door with a Large Welcoming smile from Peter... which I didn't expect because most peoples first glance at me and I can read in their eyes "PUNK TATTOOED KID" but I didn't feel like this, even showing up in a Wife Beater with a side ways cap. Helen was as equally as welcoming.

Once inside this beautiful older home (just remodled) take a look at the ceilings (I have a thing for ceilings) they are beautiful, the rooms are outstanding. We stayedi n the Flicker Suite and it was MORE than enough.

Talk about Romantic. Their Hot tub is nestled back in the corner of their lot, amongst the garden.. its a perfect location for ummm ... well you know, being that you get to sign up for a time to use the hot tub so you are totally encased in privacy.

The breakfast was outstanding, I never eat breakfast (infact I'm still full a day later) but this was great, sour dough pancakes, hordes of fruit some pastry thing that was all fancy looking and some of the best sausages I've ever had.

If I could give this 6 stars I would. I'm going back again... and again. Next time I'm bringing the Kid ;)

Go there. You will NOT be dissapointed.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2004

Immaculate and comfortable room with tasteful (period) decorations and thougtful amenities. Beautiful (spectacular!) gardens with hot tub. Brekfast was four-star quality. The dining room, decks, library, and fireplace were very nice. The 'last minute' deal advertised on their web site was a great value. The innskeeps, Helen and Peter Alan were two of the nicest people we've ever met. It's 'close to town' in Eastsound, WA, too, so easy to get to shops and world-class resturants.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2004

My fiance and I are both CWU students, on a last minute whim we went on a weekend trip to Kangaroo House, and we were so glad we did! The breakfast was amazing! The best homemade pancakes I have ever had, and the hosts made us feel at home and so welcome.They have a hottub out in the garden, and are minutes from the action in Eastsound. It was a wonderful experiece and I slept better there then in my own bed at home. If you like low key, relaxing, great service and food, you will not be disapointed staying here! a great, private romatic getaway as well!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2004

Always relaxing, homey, friendly, welcoming. Always hard to leave. Excellent food and coffee. Peter and Helen radiate their charm. There's no place like this anywhere. Always love when I get to stay there.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2004

My kayaker friends and I have stayed at this wonderful place twice. The breakfasts are phenomenal (so plan to exercise during the day), and the rooms are delightful. We kayak hard all day, then soak in the hot tub.
Later, we enjoy some wine while relaxing in Peter and Helen's beautiful garden. It couldn't be better. It's a short walk into Eastsound to restaurants. I highly recommend the Kangaroo House. We'll be back again this summer!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2004

The Kangaroo House has been a favorite R & R spot for myself and my husband for several years. The rooms are delightful (even more so than before with the beautiful remodel last year), the food is fantastic, the garden hot tub is very pleasant as is the lovely garden. We love watching the birds while lounging & reading on the porch, or the occasional deer in the front yard in the early morning. Peter and Helen are wonderful hosts, a great mix of friendly and helpful, yet considerate of privacy. Orcas Island is a great spot to relax and unwind with lots of activities and good restaurants. We would highly recommend a stay at the Kangaroo House!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2004

The Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast on Orcas Island, Washington, has always been a total joyful and satisfying experience. The physical comforts are great, but more important is the welcome and superb company of the owners. They are not only gracious, but knowledgeable and interesting. They take the time to be helpful and entertaining. I rate our visits at the top of the line.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
#1 of 1 in Orcas
Discovery Inn
Discovery Inn
#2 of 10 in Friday Harbor

Been to Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island? Share your experiences!