“Flavors, Presentation, and Service.”

The Inn at Ship Bay
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Eastsound
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

What you want in a restaurant that emphasizes Local and Delicious. The Charcuterie appetizer - prosciutto from a locally raised hog, prepared w/mustardy pears and fennel sprigs and homemade cracker was oustanding in taste. The goat cheese raviloi matched all the tastes of lemon, fennel, and asparagus and included a few perfectly cooked golden beets and carrots. So well balanced! The rhubarb crisp with anise hyssop ice cream was artful. The hyssop flavor was mysterious and evoked some memory that I just
can't describe. The server was excellent. My compliments to the staff.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My fiance surprised me for my birthday and booked us a room and a dinner reservation at the inn. The room is cozy and clean, and the food is to die for. The ingredients are local and fresh and the chef is incredible. You can taste each ingredient in the meal and the presentation is impeccable.

1  Thank dressage7
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband organized a surprise birthday party for me and it was fantastic in every way! Not only was I totally surprised, but i learned (after the fact of course) of the details that went into the planning. The staff went out of their way to match their superb food with wines from our cellar, arranged the space to accommodate all the guests at tables with fabulous views, and provided a beautiful 5-course dinner of the highest gourmet standards. I can recommend it with full enthusiasm.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have celebrated our anniversary at Ship Bay for many years. We have missed the last 2 years since we moved out of state. Moved back to Orcas Island last year and I am waiting for our anniversary, April 29, to renew our tradition. Enjoy the hospitality, the local sourced ingredients, fabulous steaks and seafood. YUMMY! I have enjoyed the scallops, I always overcook mine at home, now I know how they are suppose to taste. No complaints from me on the scallops. Thank you Geddes and crew, see you at the end of April, can't wait!

1  Thank Orcassusie
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We ate here on Valentines evening, and thought it was excellent. Our waiter Alex was thoughtful, articulate and knowledgeable. Based on all the complaints about the "undercooked" scallops, I ordered them. They were perfect. I would guess that 95% of the population overlooks their seafood. With a local, quality, fresh scallop like these you want them quickly seared and that is it. They were amazing. If you like your scallops cooked completely through, you shouldn't be eating at a fine seafood restaurant. Eat here you won't regret it.

1  Thank carycary99