“Excellent food, service was great the first nite, but a let down the second”

The Inn at Ship Bay
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Eastsound
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ate at the restaurant 2 nites in a row. The first night was amazing, great service, excellent wine and the food was top notch. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because our service the following night was a bit of a disappointment. The restaurant was extremely busy when we arrived at 7:15pm with a reservation. Eventually, we were seated at the bar with a spectacular bartender at 7:45. Eventually, we were seated at our table after 8pm but our waitress was in no rush to serve us. Appetizers didn't arrive until 8:30pm by which time we were starving. The hostess knew it was our anniversary also, but no fuss was made (not that we expect it, point being there was no attempt to make it a special dinner). Ordered the ice cream for dessert and one flavour was not very appetizing and tasted a bit off. When the waitress saw this, she simply took it away and charged us anyway.

Regardless, the food was spectacular, and the service the first nite (not the second) was excellent!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my husband's 65th birthday, and were not familiar with Orcas restaurants, I contemplated and narrowed my choice between #1 and #3. This was where we ate and it was an absolute hit all around! We did go to the other the next evening, but, the freshness and ingredients here perfectly enhanced the inspired dishes. Service and atmosphere were top notch. All four of us enjoyed our entrees - I had the scallops, excellent! we shared the last spinach salad and fresh oysters.You must have the creme brûlée - the best ever! Go here if on Orcas and want an exceptional meal and evening!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's not cheap , but for what they gave us it was equal to prices here in Dallas and the food was very well prepared. Wait staff was really nice and chatted with us about the island and new the food there very well .

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had an absoultely fabulous meal even though it currently off-season on Orcas Island and there were only a few people dining the night we were there. The bread, made on-site, with 100 year old starter, was the best I have ever had. We ate it all. Salads were large, fresh and inspired. My wife had the scallops and I had the halibut evening special. We shared and thus got to each experience two great dishes.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is where I take friends when they come to visit the Islands. It's elegant and the food is always great. Good wine list, with a suprisingly low markup.