“Wonderful Crab Enchiladas.”

Mijitas
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellevue, WA
“Wonderful Crab Enchiladas.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The salsa and chips were good. The salad the came with the crab enchiladas was only greens and a light salad dressing, so underwhelming. The crab enchiladas were fabulous! Full of dungeness crab chucks and a little sauce. My kids had quesadillas which were reasonable priced for a kid's item. They were very friendly and went out of their way to be sure we were comfortable. No dogs allowed on the patio but there was a area off to the side we could tie up our four legged friends. They even brought out water for them.

Edina, Minnesota
“Great food and value”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I had our first meal at Mijitas upon arrival to Ocras, and it was a wonderful welcome. The restaurant was very busy, but only had to wait without a reservation for 15-20 minutes. We both had the tacos with Margaritas. We both left very happy with our meal and the experience.

1 Thank jtdman37
Montclair, NJ
“Say hello to my little friend....”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After a day riding this utter gem of cycling landscape and climbing the much discussed Mt. Constitution I wanted nothing more than to enjoy a hearty and healthy meal and reflect. Majitas looked wonderfully inviting. I sat outside and looked forward to a serving of fish tacos and beet salad. The waitress was lovely and was even willing to get me one of their citrus blended drinks sans alcohol, very nice of her. The chips and salsa were telling that a delish meal was ahead. Their salsa is wonderful, deep round favors that last a moment or two longer than most other salsas.

Out came a beautiful beet salad radiating vibrancy and what I assume would be unforgettable flavor.....then I saw it.....a glistening reflection off one of the leaves of green....shimmering......and moving.....and trying in vain to move onward with its measly existence. A happy little larva baby worm working its way out of my salad. Yeah....um, Houston we have a problem.

I was told that its local produce and that they they triple wash but still things fall through the cracks. The waitress was apologetic and professional but you just never know...is the kitchen an industrial waste zone.....probably not but I've been dining farm 2 table for years and this was a first.

Decided to send it back and look for lunch elsewhere. She didn't charge me for the drink which was nice. Too bad, bet those fish tacos were the bomb but worms in my food is sorta where I draw the line.

3 Thank daniel_goldsmith
Kansas City, Missouri
“Sooooo Wonderful.....”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed on Orcas Island for five days and ate at Mijitas our first night. We liked it so well, we went back two more times for dinner! The homemade seafood guacamole was to die for. We also loved the fish tacos, pork enchiladas and dinner salads. Margaritas were the perfect amount of tartness. We thought the service was very good every night we were there and could not understand some of the complaints we read. To avoid a long wait, make a reaervation.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank EinKC
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is good but service is slow and somewhat clueless”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have to agree with Traveller here. My husband and I came here recently because of the good reviews. The food is pretty good and the atmosphere is good but the service staff is really clueless. We shared a first course and almost instantly two entrees appeared while we were dishing up the appetizer. We quickly realized they weren't ours (we're vegetarians and they were meat filled). we told the waitress. Instead of taking them back and finding out who they belonged to, she just went back into the kitchen. We laughed at first but we had to stare at them for another 10 minutes or so and then another waitress brought our dishes out to us! So we had the app dishes, the wrong entrees and now ours on a two-top. When I told the other waitress, she seemed to care but then disappeared, finally we moved the dirty app dishes and the now very cold meat dishes to an empty table next to us. The lady sitting across from us said she had to fill her own water glass during her meal. At some point the meat dishes got taken back to the kitchen, not sure if there was a mix-up or what but it was entertaining. Our bill included drinks we didn't order but they corrected it (as proof my husband suggested we point out that there were no extra glasses at the table and they don't seem to clear dirty dishes). The punch line was as we were leaving, our original waitress was outside socializing with people she seemed to know which explained it all. I guess that's "island service".

• Visited August 2013