“Bland pizza, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzaria Portofino

Pizzaria Portofino
Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Bland pizza, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was underwhelmed by this pizza. Pros: it is an economical alternative for dinner. and service was friendly. Cons: it took over 40 minutes for the pizza to arrive after we had ordered it, and then it wasn't all that worth waiting for. Very thick crust, and it lacked seasoning, somehow. Everything was very bland. They didn't skimp on the toppings, it was just bland. Oddly, if you tilted a piece of pizza, every single topping would slide right off and leave you with a piece of pizza base and all the toppings, every one and cheese too, on the plate. Which is neither here nor there. Just bland and uninteresting pizza in general.

Visited April 2014

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly disgusted.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been coming to this area for most of my adult life and Portofino has always been a consistent good experience until recently. I'm not sure if management or ownership changed but as soon as I sat down I was appalled. I sadly had a clear view into the kitchen where a young man in pajama pants was talking about the health department coming by today. He had a dirty black t-shirt and was standing in front of the station where they put ingredients on pizzas and sandwiches, he had food prep gloves on and was rubbing his nose, wiping his hands on his very soiled shirt and then going about his business elsewhere in the kitchen. I didn't see him touch food so I hoped the gloves were for cleaning purposes and tried to convince myself that was the case. The pizza we ordered was good (as we expected) but it was a little unnerving seeing the employees going about their business as they were, the older gentleman and our waiter looked very professional and clean but what we saw in the kitchen was just gross. We just crossed our fingers and hoped that it was the older, clean, man that was doing the cooking as it looked like the other ones were mostly cleaning (we hope). I've never seen anything close to this from any employee over the years so I'm hoping this was just the 'b-team' as it was getting closer to closing time.. It's hard to enjoy the food when the people who may (or may not) be preparing your food wearing the same food prep gloves you'd see from the 'cook', this was a tough one because the food was good but with restaurant employees, appearance IS everything and you don't mess with hygiene. We'll try them again after we've had time to 'forget' about this experience but if we went back and saw the same thing I'm not sure we'd ever go back. Portofino, you've been great, fix it please!

• Visited January 2014
Rancho Cordova, California
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate here with another couple on October 14th. The pizza was very good for such an out of the way little place. Pretty much Island pricing as far as we could tell. Good wait staff, fresh salad bar. On the con side - I wish the single trip salad bar plates had been bigger though. I felt like they were tiny appetizer size plates.

• Visited October 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“Amazing Pizza with a great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This pizzaria has amazing pizza, and the wait staff are all very professional. When this pizzaria closed down a few years back we were sad as this is where we eat when visiting Orcas island, so we were very happy to see it open again on our last visit. Good food, nice view and personable wait staff. This is a place not to be missed when visiting Orcas island

Visited September 2013
Camas
“great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have eaten here twice, always very good. This sentence is to get to the 50 character minimum. What else is there to say??

Visited September 2013