“Great pizza, great service!”
Review of Pizzaria Portofino

Pizzaria Portofino
Ranked #24 of 40 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed a great evening with good pizza, great service, and very affordable. Nice to find a place that is good for families.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I decided that we wanted to take dinner back to our B&B and eat in privacy and peace.
We ordered a large half and half pizza and it was ~$20, we waited for about 25 minutes then enjoyed.
The pizza was very good, the crust was nice and thick and they didn't skimp on the toppings.
I'd go here again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every year, I go on a cycle tour of the San Juan Islands with my church, and every year when we ride through Eastsound, we eat at Portofino. The pizza is delicious, and it makes a perfect pit stop on the way back to the ferry. Over 5 years ago, I started a punch card at Portofino, which says "You buy 10 pizzas & we'll buy the next!" and over the years, we would get 1-2 pizzas on the punch card. The punch card survived the wash and my wallets, and I always told people the story of the pizza shop on Orcas Island. When we came to Portofino to enjoy the 10th, and (free) 11th pizzas, I displayed my card while ordering, and was informed that the cards are no longer accepted. Apparently there is new management, and they were not open to any substitution for the punch card. The punch card is very disappointing, but not the only reason I give the restaurant 2/5. There were also many times where the shop was unexplainably closed, or the deck was in horrendous condition. Also, the pizza is not made quickly and is somewhat pricey, but I suppose that can be said of many restaurants on the islands.

The takeaway here is that I love Portofino and the food has been good, but I am disappointed that the new owners did not accept my punch card. I would love to be proven wrong, and I think I will try it again, perhaps when there is yet another change in management. Until then, my tattered and worn, 9-times-punched Portofino card will stay in my wallet as a reminder that good customer service sometimes means taking ownership of past promises that you may not have made.

1  Thank Lars P
Reviewed February 20, 2013

These folks have a large menu and some really great pizza!! The only downside was that it was VERY crowded the night I went in...and it took over an hour to get my to-go pizza. On a more ordinary (non-holiday!) weekend I am sure this would not be the case, and the pizza was delicious!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We came to the island on spur of the moment, off season most things close.. They were open! We were also on a budget, for $25 we got a huge suprimeo pizza, garlic bread and sodas. Fed is both and leftovers to boot!

Great place, views are awesome, cozy and very nice inside!

Will go back, pizza is fantastic!