Bartwood Lodge
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
$299
$290
Golden Tree Hostel(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
$144
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)(Great Value!)
$179
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)(Great Value!)
$200
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
$419
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$430
Tucker House Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$365
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$236
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$209
$189
Official Site
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Bartwood was great.
First - I really want to address all of the poor reviews - rating Bartwood poorly only proves the tourist stereotype true. Orcas isn't about Luxury hotels. Locals barely get by and rely on the income of tourism for survival, they have bigger things to worry about that the quality of their mattress, they have quant homes, and they live modestly. Orcas is about nature, experiences, family, and most of all being friends with everyone you meet. Orcas is not about snobbery and complaining, and if something isn't to your standards, then you are DEFINITELY in the wrong place. Don't vacation here if you don't want to enjoy what Orcas has to offer. If you want luxury hotels go to Rosario, but for everyone else who wants to taste what it's like to be a local - stay at Bartwood.

Aside from people not understanding the actual point of vacationing on Orcas-
Bartwood is fantastic,
I grew up going to Rosario since my Dad worked there. However after I grew up and moved away, I wanted to take my Boyfriend to show him where I was from. Bartwood is close to town so for people who aren't familiar with Orcas you won't get lost, great heater ( I cranked it up super high that night haha) Spectacular view, They allow dogs which was fantastic so I was able to take my dogs with me... It was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RTurpin
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Good location and nice view of the beach but the motel itself is worth about 1/2 of what we paid (over $200/night). Run down, peeling paint on deck, frequently no sign of front desk during posted hours. This is a very low end motel in need of repairs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank MaryLDesha
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Bartwood is a very small, family-run establishment. Other than check-in and maintenance, there isn't any service. Check-in person was very nice and helpful. Maintenance person came to fix the toilet and was also very nice. The children loved being right on the water and catching "things" in the tidal pools. The pier was under construction with an ugly pile-driver barge parked right off shore. It ruined the view. My daughter felt the bed was uncomfortable. All-in-all, I would never pay so much for a room like this -- but then I live in Alabama. The room was not in the least bit "luxurious." It was fine for a night with grandkids. Everything in the San Juans seems horribly over priced to me.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2008

My father recently passed away and my mom, sister and I were in need of a "re-bonding/building" time. We were looking for a perfect getaway place to accomplish this and found it at the Bartwood Lodge. We searched for a place on the beach, room with a view, two beds and possibly a fireplace. We found it at the Bartwood!

When we opened the door to our room, at once we were greeted with a spectacular view of the water! All night we left our curtain open so we could glance out and be lulled back to sleep. Although this room didn't have a fireplace it was not needed. Kenny, the Lodge's owner/manager built us our very own beach fire complete with smore fixings! The room had a handy mini fridge to keep all our picnic supplies fresh!

The service at the Bartwood went beyond our expectations. Kenny was always there to help us with restaurant and other island event/activities advice. We followed his advice and experienced the best meals and adventures. He made our visit a tremendous success.

I would highly recommend this lodge for the perfect getaway no matter what time of year you visit.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank backstagegirl
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We were at the Bartwood for only one night but that was one night too many. Extremely sub-standard mattresses on the two double beds made sleeping nearly impossible. Spring coils could be felt and heard! We received no satisfaction from proprietors when commenting on the condition of beds in room 27. I can look past the shabby exterior, the older and modest furnishings, and the lack of extra amenities.........but when it comes to a lumpy and noisy mattress, it is totally unacceptable!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank frijoles99
bartwood, Owner at Bartwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2009

Thanks for your review. We try hard to please everyone, Unfortunately it is not always possible. Our rooms are always clean and in my opinion, comfortable. We're always willing to accommodate a reasonable customer.