“Delicious fresh Tex-Mex”

Chimayo En El Dia
Ranked #27 of 37 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Chimayo is located in the heart of Eastsound village on the west (back) side of the gray “Our House” building on the west side of the street. Look for our sign hanging above the sidewalk in the front of the building.
Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious fresh Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This was the freshest and most tasty Mexican food I've ever had. The flavored were all bright and prominent. I had a special--the red sauce enchilada--my wife had fish tacos and she loved them, and my friend had a chicken salad which she loved.

You order at the bar and bus your own table which gives one the freedom to stay or go when wishes I would greatly recommend eating lunch here.

San Diego, California
“Excellent lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped in for lunch, and found the food to be healthy and tasty.
It was a small restaurant but clean and cozy. We enjoyed our meals very much

Visited September 2012
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“Gluten Free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

VERY good GF menu. The girl who waited on us had Celiac's diesease, so they were well aware of how to prepare the food. I had a chicken burrito, which was huge and delicious. My wife had the quesadilla on GF corn tortillas, which she thought were fantastic.

Visited September 2012
“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I used to come to Chimayo all the time as a kid and it was always fantastic. Good, fast food at reasonable prices.
The last couple times I've been there I have had the same disappointing experience.
Things start off bad when I go to the register to order. The waitress looks like she would rather be anywhere but at work. No greeting, no smile. She takes my order and I hear her getting yelled at by the chef.
My food comes quick enough but it is bland and unremarkable. I choke down as much as I can and leave feeling unsatisfied.

Salem, Oregon
“Don't Go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had lunch here recently and it was a mistake. We had to wait around ten minutes just to order, when only 3 tables were occupied. When we finally go up to the front to order the lady turned and walked away with out a word to us. I believe she was the only one taking orders and bringing out the food. Even if this was the case she could have excused her self. You do have to get your own (warm) water and silverware and clear your own table, which wouldn't be bad if the food was good. For the prices (starting at 6 for a burrito -15) I expected something better than what I could make at home. The food combined with the horrible service will have us avoiding this restaurant in the future. One plus the chips, salsa and guac were very good.

• Visited June 2012