“Meh. Just a so-so lunch”
Review of Roses Bakery Cafe

Roses Bakery Cafe
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Right off, this place had a no can do attitude. We had to wait to be seated. Okay, not a problem. Then we were told we had to wait to order so the kitchen wouldn't be overwhelmed. Several things on the menu weren't available.Once we ordered, the food came out at different times. Half of us could easily have finished eating before the other two got their meals. Bread and drinks also lagged. The waitress kept apologizing for all the inadequacies. Then she fumbled a plate and dropped a bunch of food on my sweater and pants! The meal was ok. The fish and seafood were properly cooked but the favors weren't anything special. Only the dilled slaw impressed me, but the portion of that was tiny. Portions in general were, as others have pointed out, far from generous. I wouldn't go back to Rose's, even though the pie dough was good.

1  Thank Marginwalker

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we tried Rose's and enjoyed it so much that we returned the next morning for breakfast. My husband and son loved the poached eggs over a huge hash brown patty, and my baked eggs with Gruyère and Dijon were sublime. Lovely setting--you can eat on the terrace or inside. For a lunch dessert, their chocolate ice cream sandwich with cinnamon ice cream was as good as it sounds!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Roses has always been consistently good food made with fresh ingredients. I don't get to eat here often as my lunch break is not long enough but when I have time to sit down with a friend for a relaxing lunch this is always on the list.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Beautiful pastries and bread. Fresh greens, great cheese and the granola was wonderful with cherries and apples. The coffee was memorable!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Rose's is a combination restaurant, bakery, high end deli, and kitchen shop. There was a wait for a table, but the shop kept us occupied until our table was ready. Our group had pizzas, salads, and halibut sandwiches. All of them were excellent. It is a bit pricey, yet that is offset by the quality of the food and service.