This was a great family place. Small playground with a slide and swings. A couple of sandboxes with toys. Large grass area to run around in - and several other kids for ours to make friends with. The nightly fire pit and smores (bring your own!) was fun and helped the various vacationers get to know each other.
Yes, there was a lot of noise from the airport but didn't bother us at all. Either we weren't around during the day anyway, or we were there and it was fun to watch the airplanes land.
The pool was pretty cold and even our pool-crazy boys weren't as enthusiastic after just 2 swims.
Each condo appears to be individually decorated with different amenities. Ours had a very nice kitchen and downstairs bathroom with fancy washing machine and dryer. The kitchen had everything we needed to prepare several meals. Our condo also had DISH network which allowed me to keep up with the Tour de France!
Would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers Villa Resort on Orcas Island is a collection of 20 2-bedroom waterfront condo-homes - clean and comfy - perfect for young families and old friends - casual and calm. Smugglers is the perfect island vacation location - Incredible waterfront views, walk out beach, heated pool, hot tubs, nightly beach fire, amazing lingering sunsets, walking distance to quaint Eastsound Village, easy drive to Moran State park, kayak tours and whale watching depart from our dock, Dish TV, WiFi, real homes with full baths and kitchens, well equipped including laundry. Please call us soon. Thanks ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Villa Hotel Eastsound
- Smugglers Hotel Eastsound
- Smugglers Villa Resort Orcas Island/Eastsound, WA