“Disappointed”

Landmark Orcas Island
Ranked #3 of 12 Eastsound B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I read several reviews on this property before booking and thought it would be an OK choice based on what I read and the location of the Inn. While the location was wonderful walking distance to everywhere in Eastsound the Inn itself left much to be desired. First impression was that it was a very badly decorated early 1980's apartment with hideous amenitiies. If that type of thing doesn't bother you then this place may be for you. At least the staff was friendly is the only positive thing I have to say. For the price of this room i would say it is very overpriced. Keep looking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
landmarkmanager, Manager at Landmark Orcas Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the decor of your condo during your recent stay with us. Each condo is privately owned and decorated by its individual owner. Thus each condo varies greatly in appearance. If that condo was not a good fit for you, I do hope you will come back and try one of the other units some other time. To guide you in making your selection, we have pictures of the condo interiors available on our website; our reservations staff would also be happy to help you select a unit more in tune with your style for your next stay.

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the owners of the condo in which you stayed.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Walking distance to everything, great, spacious room with wonderful view, kitchen, nice people, reasonable price, loved it for our family of four

• Stayed: August 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure having you. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write up a review.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I always like to read the one and two star reviews when booking to see how old they are and if their issues apply to me. They were old, over 3 yrs, and issues did not apply. We stayed for 5 days and had no problems at all. A couple of things worried me, a paid night not refundable, extra money for people over two, especially in a two bedroom condo, late check in fees. They did not become an issue for us, but a late check in fee seems odd to have. That aside, loved having Seattle's best coffee every morning. Kitchen was very comfortable and stocked well. Bedroom was comfortable, but the one next to the dining area had no real (was sliding type) door. So, if you have kids, let them stay in that one and you take the bedroom with door. We had the two bedrooms with side view. Very nice! We were more than happy to comply with conservation requests, we don't need fresh linen and towels every day. That is excessive in my view. The stairs became easier with each passing day, good exercise! We were very comfortable the whole time we were there with my two daughters and 4 yr old granddaughter. Staff was very helpful, on the phone and in person. The price seem competitive for the area and season. My parents and other family stayed in the three bedroom suite and it looked great also! Loved Orcas and WA state!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This is our second stay at this Inn. This time we were four adults and enjoyed the convenience of a 2 bedroom apartment. The location is superb, overlooking the water in the village of Eastsound. The Inn is more of an apartment rental. It has two bedrooms, living room and full kitchen. Whilst towels are replaced every day it is up to the guests to make their beds. Sharing with four adults brings the cost down to a reasonable price per night. The Inn is very close to restaurants and stores in the small village. It is an easy drive from the ferry. Orcas Island is a great place for a relaxing and quiet vacation. We will definitely be going back

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I just stayed at the Landmark for a wedding last weekend, and it was fantastic! Lovely grounds, convenient location, gorgeous views, clean and well appointed rooms, and super friendly staff. Four of us stayed in a deluxe condo with a private deck facing the bay, and we had plenty of space. The kitchen had everything we needed. There was even a community BBQ available for us to grill up the trout we caught at the lake. The staff are really great at anticipating the needs of the guests. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have been a visitor of the Landmark inn three times now and have enjoyed myself each time. The location is fantastic, being so close to all the restaurants and shops. I've been lucky enough to stay in a ocean view condo each time I have booked my get away. Whether it is summer and sitting on the deck with a glass of wine...or winter curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace the views are amazing. I enjoy having a kitchen that allows you to watch the ocean while you make your dinner! In the time between my stays it is obvious that improvements have been made and that has only added to the overall ambience. Whenever I have returned I am greeted like an old friend and for me that is a huge point in the managers favor! I can't wait to take another weekend off on orcas and when I do I know just where I'll stay!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Sloanebree
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The waterfront condo we stayed in gave us a wonderful view of the sunrise. My group of friends all felt comfortable in the clean, well stocked unit. We had everything we needed to make dinner and relax. It's walking distance to shops. The staff were very flexible to give us what we needed for a great price. The only "complaint" is that the pillow-top bed was too soft for my comfort.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
Deer Harbor Inn
#1 of 2 in Deer Harbor
1 mi away
Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island

Been to Landmark Orcas Island? Share your experiences!