“Better than we imagined!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabins on the Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Cabins on the Point
Salem, Oregon
“Better than we imagined!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I spent five nights in Heather cabin to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. The cabin was perfect for a relaxing, romantic getaway. The views from every room were stunning. The cabin is nicely furnished and very comfortable. We enjoyed a full moon during our stay which we gazed at out the window from the comfort of our cozy bed. Jennifer is an excellent hostess. She's a wealth of knowledge and spent time with us offering day trip and restaurant recommendations. When we weren't exploring the coastline in available kayaks or sitting and gazing at the amazing views, we were exploring the Turtleback Mountain hike with the trailhead about a quarter mile from the cabin. We also enjoyed the local organic produce from Homestead Farms farmstand just up the street from the cabin. The setting on the point was peaceful and relaxing. Heather cabin was a delight and we will be back!!! Sarah B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We honeymooned at the primrose cabin 18 years ago and have returned for two anniversaries. The location is unlike any other with spectacular sunsets and views of the bay. We kayaked from the beach among seals and starfish. The quaint cabin is full of Jennifer's lovely touches and is as cozy and private as can be. Jennifer made sure we were enjoying ourselves and checked in to tell us about events on the island. Shes a doll and and couldn't have been more hospitable. Special place!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Betsygrimm
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I spent four nights at Sunset House for a personal Solitude Retreat. The 170 degree view of the San Juan Islands and the Canadian Coastal Range were only outdone by the amazing visits I had from the wildlife. There were numerous visits from the locals eagles, otters, seals, deer, rabbits, hummingbirds and a very special visit from a mink. He obviously uses the little pond on the property for his fresh water baths. He came up as I was sitting in the front yard. He washed and rolled around on the grass to dry off and couldn't have cared less about me! The house is beautiful and every amenity was there. Jennifer the proprietor has thought of everything. I am already planning on a return visit this October.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark F
Bainbridge Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed in the Heather cabin for two nights during the weekend of the "super moon" May 4-6. It was incredible. Jennifer was super sweet and brought fresh flowers cut from her garden when she greeted us. She also took care to see if we were happily settled in for the weekend and shared with us a map of the island, with points of interest and plenty of restaurants and galleries and quaint little shops to visit during our stay. The surroundings are awe inspiring, one of the most beautiful places on earth. We saw so many different animals it felt like we were on the Discovery Channel. Absolutely nothing can beat this gorgeous piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coby w
Kenmore, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at Sunset House February 2012. We've stayed in vacation rentals and B&Bs all over the northern United States, as well as Canada. This is the nicest one I've ever stayed in, and I'm a picky traveller. It was beautiful, meticulously clean, and the hostess, Jennifer, had thought of just about everything to make our stay comfortable. I felt like I was staying in her personal home and she just happened to be away (it isn't, but it feels that way, everything is so well-appointed and pretty). The weather wasn't the greatest, but we were snug, warm, and comfortable. And, when the sun came out for a short time, we had the most spectacular view of Mt. Baker I've ever seen. I can't wait to stay here again, and I'd move in forever if I could. The hostess was also extremely helpful (by phone, we never met) suggesting things to do, places to eat, etc. I couldn't be happier and hope to stay there again. Oh, and don't bother bringing groceries from home. The island's single grocery store is pretty well stocked, not crowded, and not overly expensive (unlike the grocery in Friday Harbor).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Laura M
Scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was looking for a relaxing and revitalizing experience set in the comforts of a homey cottage and surrounded by nature. I got all of that and more during my stay at Cabin On The Point! Jennifer, the owner, was an absolute delight! She ensured my cottage--The Heather Cottage-- had every special touch imaginable. Jennifer also provided a wealth of information and recommendations on the best little places to eat, hiking trails, local events, and more.

My 4-night stay flew by! It was an ideal winter get-away! I fully intend to return during the spring/summer season! You'll be thrilled if you stay at Cabin On The Point!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Donna V
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Vacations can not get any better than this, I feel certain. Even when the weather is stormy and frightening as it wakes us up all through two nights, and there happens to be construction going on next door (really, the chances of this are incredibly slim!), my husband and I felt grateful for every minute.

Jennifer is a wonder hostess in every way - kind and generous, with outstanding attention to detail. The cabins are prepared for your arrival and feel as if they have been waiting to welcome you all this time. My husband and I have returned three times over a ten-year period, and have always stayed in Heather cabin. Though each trip has been distinctly different in the ways of weather, daytime activities, etc., we have always been able to trust that, as long as Cabins on the Point it still owned by Jennifer, we have nothing to fear. Each trip has been extraordinary. Though it costs plenty of money, we feel grateful that we have the dollars to spend. Heather Cabin is worth every one.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michele C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Deer Harbor Inn
#1 of 5 in Eastsound
Beach Haven Resort
Beach Haven Resort
#4 of 10 in Eastsound

Been to Cabins on the Point? Share your experiences!