“Nice place”
Review of Island Skillet

Island Skillet
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are Orcas Islands Premiere spot for breakfast and lunch. Staring Jan 20th please join us for dinner as well Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 5:30pm-8pm...
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

They didn't have what I wanted for breakfast and they let me order even though it wasn't on the menu and it was very good I would go back and this time try a menu item

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sissy7500
travelbug2587, Manager at Island Skillet, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We really appreciate your taking the time to make a review of us! We do the best we can to accommodate our customers whether it be because of a food allergy or just wanting a specific combination of items. Once again, thank you for your business!

LANGLEY
“Best Omlette on Orcas”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My fiancee and I both had omlettes for breakfast. We both skipped lunch that day. I had the smoked salmon and cream chesse omlette. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of smoke salmon that was in the omlette. My financee ate her entire breakfast, which is rare as she is a non breakfast person. Lots of locals in the restaurant, which is always a good sign.

2 Thank Nils O
travelbug2587, Manager at Island Skillet, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review! We agree the smoked salmon (which we smoke in house) is wonderful! So glad we were able to provide you with a delicious and filling meal!
Eastsound, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible, rude service. or lack thereof”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I walked in at lunch time, waited for 5 minutes to be seated, then sat at a table close to the register. 2 servers then came out of the kitchen, looked at me, and ignored me for another 5 minutes, after which both went back into the kitchen. Then one of the 2 servers, a young man, came out to wipe down a table. I left my table, and asked him if I was sitting at a 'no-service' table, to which he replied 'most people read the (wait to be seated) sign...I looked at him and said, 'what - I waited and waited minutes and no one showed up, then I sat down, and even though you saw me, no one offered a menu or a glass of water, even' . He ignored me, and walked away. I then said 'I would never eat here, because you are so rude', to which he replied 'we have 120 customers per day', and once again walked away. I could not believe it, and walked out. I have NEVER before been treated as rudely anywhere else in my life.

This restaurant probably will go out of business treating customers like that. Note - I am a local, and other local restaurants have delivered excellent service. If I could give Island Skillet zero stars, I would.

1 Thank orcasjd-1
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. While we do maintain a high volume here at Island Skillet we also strive to make every customer feel welcome when they walk through our doors. The experience you described is NOT typical of the level of service we strive to provide. Your feedback was shared with our team and we look forward to the opportunity to not only welcome you back but exceed your expectations.
Winthrop, Washington
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went in search of a basic breakfast and found it at the Skillet, in downtown Eastsound on Orcas Island. The place was packed but we only had to wait about 4 minutes for a table. The service was excellent, coffee good and the food tasted homemade. The side of ham was a bit tiny but we Americans eat way too much so I figured it was a nice portion after all. I would recommend it for breakfast.

2 Thank Max J
We appreciate your review. We strive to keep wait times to a minimum and yes most of our food is homemade! Our coffee is also roasted locally out of Deer Harbor !
Everett, Washington
“Simple, tasty fare”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Eggs, avocado, shrimp, cream cheese...mmmm my mouth waters still when I think of it. Delicious flavors. Relaxed, simple place. A bit slow on the food delivery, but hey, you're on "Island Time" chill out and bring a paper or enjoy some conversation with your dining companion(s). Only complaint would be that the omlet I ordered wasn't piping hot--the cream cheese seems to have cooled it off. However, it was gone quite quickly to counteract this. Server was polite, attentive and friendly. Belly was happy, will return.

1 Thank nickwolfe17
Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your note about the cream cheese and will make sure this issue is taken care of. Happy your dining experience with was overall was great! We will see you next time!