“Our favorite restaurant”
Review of Tee-Jay's Tacos - CLOSED

Tee-Jay's Tacos
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Tee Jay's Tacos is a local eatery on Madrona Point, Orcas Island, Washington. TJ's operates out of the Odd Fellows kitchen on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from noon until 6:30 pm from October until May and Thursday and Friday from May until September. We are at the Orcas Island Farmer's Market on Saturday's during these months. The Odd Fellows kitchen is an open kitchen, so our atmosphere is very casual. In good weather we offer outside dining on Fishing Bay with a great view. TJ's has a simple menu built around Tacos, Burritos,Enchiladas and Quesadillas. Our offerings include: beef, poultry, pork, fish and vegetables. The menu is the same from open until close and we have chips & salsa and rice & beans daily. Our appetizers, salads, soups and desserts are seasonal and vary, as well as our weekly specials which have an Asian, near eastern or Indian flair. Be on the lookout for our street sign which says TACOS in big letters.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I moved to Orcas last winter, and we were so happy to find Tee-Jay's Tacos. We eat there at least once a week. The food is delicious (we moved here from California and we didn't think that we could find good Mexican food on Orcas Island) - what a great surprise! The food at Tee-Jay's is better than any Mexican food we have ever had! We love the tacos, quesadillas and burritos, and when they have enchilada soup or anything with duck we are thrilled. We tell all of our new friends on Orcas about TeeJay's, and whenever we have out of town guests we bring them to TeeJay's, and they love it too.
TeeJay's is a bit of a secret, just look for their sign Thursdays through Saturdays - at the Oddfellow's Hall.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Wow, after reading the Gmomm review I wonder if we all visited the same place. Too bad but she didn't sound like she actually tried the food and all her 6 reviews are written over 6 days, kinda weird!!! I like to see my food cooked instead of cooks hiding behind a wall.
Anyway, I eat here a lot and just ate the duck tacos yesterday. OMG
Lots of delicious duck, orange salad shreads, and extra sharp cheese.
Today my others bisides the duck were the Carne Asada and pork. I took a picture cause it looked so yummy!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

TJ's cooks clearly understand the meaning of good food. I am a local person who has eaten at every restaurant listed and and this establishment is a standout not only for price, but for taste as well. The review by GMOMM clearly shows that the person reviewing has more sense about looks than good food and that review should be taken at its face value .Utter Ignorance. Keep up the good work!!!

Rolf, from Eastsound

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We bought the salmon tacos at the booth at the market on Saturday. I am pretty sure they were the best fish taco I have ever had. They pile on the salmon, which is moist and fresh tasting. These guys know how to do this. Fantastic

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I had take-out from here on August 24th. I wasn't sure the place existed at all, because I walked out to the place the day before (really off the main drag, below some kind of masonic lodge or something) to pick up dinner, but they were holding a Vietnamese cooking class in the room. The next day, though, a pick-up truck was parked near the main drag with a sign that said "Tee-Jays Tacos", and the cars were lined up, so I knew they were on. What a treat. To start, they offer two types of amazing homemade salsa, along with thick, salted tortilla chips that were pan-fried right in front of me. Then I had the taco/enchilada combo - and it was the best taco I'd ever had. I used to live in Brooklyn, and the local Latino population in Red Hook did this annual Cinco de Mayo festival that mayor Bloomberg called the best Mexican food in NYC. I went to that, and tried the tacos. Yes, they were amazing, but Tee-Jays is better! It's like the little train that could. How do they do it? If you are in the San Juans, this place is a must. And yes, guys, you would make it in Brooklyn - but we need you here!