“Local pool table and beer joint with best burgers in town” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lower Tavern
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Juan Islands, Washington
“Local pool table and beer joint with best burgers in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The title says it all, Not pretentious at all, it is what it is: center of the town beer joint with pool tables and a mixed crowd that serves the best burgers in town in a clean, neat setup with friendly folk doing the serving. That's it.

• Visited March 2013

Port Orchard, Washington
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hubby and I had dinner here a few days ago. I know you shouldn't expect anything fancy from a tavern. But the one thing taverns/bars usually get right is bar food. And I'm totally happy with some good bar food. So we ordered a sandwich, fish and chips, a beer and glass of wine. I'm not a big wine drinker, so I'm totally fine with cheap wine, as long as it comes from a bottle that has been stored with the cork IN it. The sandwich I ordered WITHOUT tomatoes and onions came WITH tomatoes and onions, the fish was not fresh and tasteless, the coleslaw was tasteless and hardly had any dressing on it so it was really just cabbage, the wine was flat and the beer sour. It took us a VERY long time to get the check and when we did the way overworked but friendly waitress/bartender brought it to us and took the pen to sign it back with her, so we needed to chase after her to get the pen to sign the receipt. Overall, this was disappointing.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sandybutler718
Puyallup, Washington
“Fabulous Hot off the grill juicy belly buster burgers!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Read many reviews of restaurants in the greater Eastsound area where we were staying for two nights during the off season, and boy oh boy did they deliver! After a cold and windy stroll through town we walked in for a warm and hearty meal. My wife had a bacon cheese burger with fries and I had a Southwest burger with pepperjack cheese, bacon, avocado and green chilli.... not to forget piled high with lettuce, tomato and onion. Huge burger that I could barely wrap my mouth around and sizzling warm and juicy. ALL ingredients were fresh and the fries hot and fresh out of the fryer not luke warm under a heat lamp. I am not kidding, THE BEST burger I've had in many many years. The atmosphere was warm, very clean and well kept place. It didnt really feel like a tavern. I counted 6 locals all eating burgers and a cold beer and 3 people popping in and out with to go orders. Very resonable, 2 burgers with fries, ice tea for wife and a PBR pint for me..... $27.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio
“Great Burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick afternoon meal while wandering through Eastsound, WA ..

Lower Tavern was the perfect spot....great burger and a good selection of local ales...

Visited January 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
“Best burgers around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Not a typical tavern. Friendly locals, and a great selection of food on the menu. They have a nice selection of beer on tap, and various wines too.

Visited January 2013