“STEAK!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Very very good food. I was a little worried about Mexican food on an island in Washington. The steak was tender and perfectly cooked. Rice and refried beans as sides. All sorts of yummy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I went to the Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival in August - first time. What a lovely island! It was like 1955. Except for the gas stations, I did not see any corporate logos. No Wendy's, GAP, Marriott. Instead, all locally owned and operated businesses. It was lovely. Lunch at the Madrona was delightful. Sitting right on the water is this indoor/outdoor cafe. Picture perfect weather, a nice breeze and relaxed atmosphere - you know you are on island time. As for the food - it was wonderful. I had the best burger...maybe ever, and my friend had a crab salad that was so fresh and delicious. Combined with a lovely Washington State wine it was the perfect afternoon. I recommend the island, the music festival and Madrona Bar and Grill.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

The food was mediocre. The service was ok. Unfortunately, we never felt any of the restaurant staff cared whether we patronaged their establishment or not. Although I left with my stomach full, my heart and wallet were emptied by our experience at Madrona. We went to Madrona Grill with six adults for lunch. My husband and I felt a restaurant with a lunch menu should be more cost prohibited. We were a surprised with 160.00 bill for six adults that ordered burgers. I realize on an island everything is more expensive but this was excessive for food that we felt was note astonishing, in our opinion. The water views from this restaurant are amazing but the vistas cannot make up for the negatives we felt as we left this establishment.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

It seems to me that the view is the best thing this restaurant has to offer. It is beautiful! The food, however, is way overpriced. I do realize that things on an island cost more, but this was out of line compared to other places we ate. My crab salad came with a small scoop of delicious crab with 4 or 5 skinny slivers of avocado and a couple of pita crisps. It cost $18! There was not a leaf of lettuce on the glaringly almost empty plate. The service as noted in other reviews was slow and it was not overly busy mid-week. Overall, it would be nice to sit on the deck with a cocktail if that's possible, but don't bother eating there. Nothing special but the cost.

1  Thank Chatham
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We sat out on the deck above the water for dinner; It is a stunning setting. We ordered the chicken burger with mushrooms - delicious! Also, the crab with avocado was worth the price. Granted it wasn't cheap, but the service, setting and food was so good I would return for sure.

1  Thank Gouldali