Review Highlights
Fantastic

Really fun, relaxed, informative paddle around the beautiful little islands off of Orcas. Saw giant... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
johnwP5029YX
Tubac, Arizona
Beautiful kayak trip from Deer Harbor

My adult daughter and I had a great 3 hour kayak tour led by Jesse. He was careful outfitting us... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Navigator277330

All reviews deer harbor hour tour orcas island great guide bald eagles skill level smaller islands sea cucumbers felt safe blue heron knowledgeable guide small group day trip jones island first timers saw seals three hours
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live on Orcas but don’t get on the water much, and my friend had not done sea kayaking. Our guide, Jenna, was very relaxed yet thorough as she got us all properly fitted with gear, and good instructions. We had a 2 1/2 hour paddle out past beautiful little islands - the Wasp Islands— out of Deer Harbor. We saw seals basking and in the water near us, and a great blue heron squawking as it left its tree perch. We all went at our own pace but the slowest were not left behind too far or for too long, ever. The water was like glass, or I’m sure we’d have been kept even closer together. Good guidance about which landmark on the next island to aim for helped with steering—rudder makes the kayak a cinch to steer. A bit of a workout for a non-athlete but I was proud I could propel myself over 5 miles and not be too worn out nor sore the next day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful day on the water. Our guide Jessie was excellent. Saw some harbor seals and one bald eagle. Only needed a whale to complete the day! Definitely recommend. Good equipment as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our guide was knowledgable, friendly, and very attentive to everyone in our group. We saw lots of wildlife during our kayaking trip. The kayaks are clean and I felt very safe in the water. I would definitely book another trip with Shearwater Tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a nice paddle on a beautiful day! Our guide, Simon, took great care to provide the entire group a wonderful experience. Would love to go again if I didn't live across the country!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great fun, safe and informative. Our Guide was super and we met other vacationers on the San Juan islands!