All reviews bay view suite east wing orcas island bayview suite towel warmer gas fireplace shared bath jacuzzi tub beautiful room east sound perfect location sitting area within walking distance bay window main building large bathroom comfortable bed
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for our first anniversary and it was fantastic. We just happened to be on the ferry with the sister of the night manager, who very happily offered to drive us from the dock to the hotel. It was like a mini guided tour on the way, which was great! I really wish I could recall her name, but I'm just horrible with names. The restaurant is also very good and the staff are kind and accommodating. My wife ended up feeling a bit under the weather but still tried to go to dinner. She had to return to the room. When I told the waitress I would need everything to go she threw in some ginger ale to hopefully ease my wife's nausea. She didn't have to do that, but she did and those little human interactions really show how much the staff here care for their guests. Or maybe island folk are just a kind bunch. Either way, we'd go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Our waterfront view room (a "Bayview Suite") was so perfect we hardly wanted to go out. A view of Indian Island and the changing weather. Wonderful comfy bed. Two steps down to a sitting area with a gas fireplace, couch, table and chairs, as well as a balcony to sit outside. Very spacious and clean. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel, New Leaf Cafe, was superb, as was Hogstone's Wood Oven. Also took a whale-watching trip (Orcas Island Eclipse Charters) and saw transient orcas, a humpback, and got some great photos (with telephoto lens) of some of the exotic mammals that live on nearby Spieden Island. All in all, a wonderful relaxing treat.

Room tip: The water-front bay view suites, although expensive, are the nicest.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bevatyahoo
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Great location in Eastbound - across the street from the water and easy walk to shops and restaurants, although one of the best places to dine is in the Inn! Our room was dog-friendly, so great to bring out pup. It is an old Inn that keeps its charm, but has new additions and remoldeled rooms that are up to date, clean and comfy. Our cost was reasonable too.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2016

We returned to Orcas Island for the first time since 1989 and found that although it has developed a bit further, it is still the ideal escape from urban and suburban busyness. A totally beautiful inn in a totally beautiful setting. I think our Bayview Suite was maybe the best room we've ever had. The inn has great water views and is right in town so that you are within walking distance of anything you need. The best bed we slept on in a two-week road trip! Very helpful staff and great food at the restaurant The New Leaf Cafe. Plus we made two new friends who were staying there! All in all, my highest rating!

Room tip: The Bayview Suites are wonderful for their water views.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2016

The staff were very helpful. My mother had a walker so we were in an adjacent building that had easy access. The dining room has steps up and down so that was not able to be used, but we sat in the lobby and enjoyed the view on a fantastically beautiful day.
The chapel out back and the gardens are worth an early morning stroll.

Room tip: If you have difficulty with stairs or walking, let the staff know in advance. Rooms on top level of adjacent building have water views.
Date of stay: September 2016