Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
Kingfish Inn(Eastsound)
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbay view suiteleaf restaurantorcas islandeast wingbayview suitetowel warmergas fireplaceshared bathsunken living roomeast soundjacuzzi tubshops and restaurantssitting areaperfect locationwithin walking distancelarge bathroommain building
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a second floor room with a nice view of the water. The room was well decorated, spacious and very comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located near the shops of Eastsound, with ample off-street free parking.

Our only negative comments would be some moderate noise, coming both from nearby rooms (normal coming and going, nothing out of the ordinary) and the fact that there the main road runs right in front of the hotel. There is no air conditioning (not needed), but one needs to have the windows open, and traffic noise continues to be heard well into the wee hours.

The restaurant in the hotel is also convenient and very good.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Outlook Inn is sort of like the Tale of Two Cities. Fortunately, we stayed in the best of rooms, and I could not have asked for much more. The hotel seems to be split into two sections- an older one with more standard rooms, including some with shared showers, and the newer one with suites that are more recently constructed. We stayed in the latter, and it made all the difference. Our unit were large and tastefully decorated, with a fridge and microwave, TV (didn't use) and small balcony overlooking a Beautiful unobstructed view of the water (we were on the second floor, and that added to the view.) There was a large bathroom with beautiful tub and a separate enhanced shower, extremely comfortable king size bed, and fold out couch in a sitting area.
The hotel is located right within walking distance of the small shops in Eastsound, which is a very quaint area. Short ride to Mt. Constitution for beautiful views at the top. The staff gets big kudos for being accommodating and flexible. There was a mix up with my reservation, and they had me down for two rooms instead of one. There's a good chance I was the one at fault, and had missed cancelling one of the days when I changed the dates of our trip. Nevertheless, they did not charge me for the additional room. I think that is a big deal, and reflects the kind of approach I would personally like to do business with again.
Unfortunately, the restaurant was not open, as I was there on a Wed. But it has a lovely view, and I understand the food is awesome. Perhaps next time.
We had our teenage daughter with us, which worked out well (she loved the tub.) But I sort of wish I was alone with my wife- a perfect romantic retreat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the new building, and the view from our room was spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank chickyskids
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very beautiful room with outstanding views of East Sound. The King sized bed was particularly comfortable with a thick foam topper. The New Leaf Café was excellent with a great happy hour.
I highly recommend this property especially the bay view suites!

1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Really nice historic inn. Several sections, some like old style motel rooms, some with shared bathroom. We stayed in a luxury bay view suite. First they assigned us room 44 well NO....you could see the view if you were standing but there was a big bush/tree right in front of the sliding glass door totally blocking any view. We were moved to room 53 which was wonderful. Upon arrival they had left us a complimentary bottle of champagne since it was our anniversary, room had nice sitting area, looking out to the bay with sofa and small table, small patio with 2 chairs that looked directly to the bay. The bed has a 3" foam topper so quite soft but comfy. Nice kuerig coffee maker in room. The room was comfortable and spacious. We had dinner one night at their restaurant and it was fabulous. Great place to stay on Orcas Island

Room Tip: The bay view suites are really great. Do not get room 44
1  Thank Dotti143
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We made a reservation for July 4th but mixed up the dates and arrived only the day after. Not only we weren't charged for the no-show, but we were upgraded to a suite for the price of the lost night. Thank you so much for a great customer service experience. The king suite was specious with breathtaking view. Beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends