Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
Orcas Hotel(Orcas)(Great Value!)
$194
$104
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)(Great Value!)
$231
$200
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
$339
  • Pool
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbay view suiteleaf restauranteast wingorcas islandtowel warmerbayview suitegas fireplaceshared bathsunken living roomeast soundjacuzzi tubsitting areaperfect locationwithin walking distancelarge bathroommain buildingcomfortable bed
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We spent a long weekend here recently, and we can't wait to go back. We had a room with a beautiful view of East Sound. The staff had a gift waiting for us when we arrived, and were attentive to every need we had. The restaurant downstairs (New Leaf Cafe) was excellent. We had both a dinner and a breakfast there, reasonably priced for what we received.

Orcas Island is a beautiful place to visit, and the Outlook Inn will be our choice next time we come up.

Room Tip: Upper rooms overlooking East Sound are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cridland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

So beautiful, out-of-this-world location; ferry trip fun! Shops in the town are exciting to explore. Restaurants excellent! Outlook Inn is a delight in which to stay. A great get-away from the daily routine!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I and our 6 month old baby had a terrific long weekend at the Outlook Inn. We stayed in one of the Bay View Suites. Following the recommendation from other reviewers here we asked for a room on the upper level. At first they had us in a lower level room, but were able to switch it around. We had a gorgeous view of the harbor from the room, you even had the vie from bed. The sitting area with the fireplace were very cozy. Little kichenette was handy for storing lunch fixings etc. And the whirlpool tub with bath salts provided was a great way to unwind.

The staff at the inn were very welcoming. The new leaf cafe was EXCELLENT. We had both breakfast and dinner there. Both were really stellar. Especially dinner from the sangria drinks, to the warm goat cheese salad, the halibut special and the amazing flourless chocolate cake with salted caramel topping (oh my!!) every bit of the meal was delicious. It was great to stay right in eastsound with a little one so we could just walk out the door for coffee or a meal and not have to get in the car. We enjoyed exploring the beach right in eastsound.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level. The suites are awesome!
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I have 4 children... Needless to say we don’t get to be alone much. We spend a very relaxing weekend at the Outlook Inn and truly loved the entire experience. The staff were all very friendly, and more helpful then I could have asked for. The town of Eastsound was also an amazing place to just walk around and peek into all of the eccentric shops. I cannot speak enough about what a great couples retreat this was! My husband and I cannot wait to go back for another trip.

Room Tip: Room 53 has the best view~!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bought a coupon from Travelzoo. Great deal. I was very happy with the place itself and I heard from a local it was the best place to stay on the island. From what I could tell, she might have been right. The room was beautiful with a priceless view.

My only complaint would be that when I called to make the reservation, I specifically asked for a room with 2 queens (view or no view) because I have two kids and can't have 1 king. She indicated on the phone it was no problem. When I checked in, I had a room with 1 king. When I explained to the woman at the desk the situation she said she didn't have any rooms available with 2 beds but there was a comfortable pull out sofa in the room. She obviously has never slept on a pull out sofa!! Especially this one. For those of you who haven't, how would you like to sleep on a 2" mattress that has springs sticking you in the back all night. It's so bad, that my kids who are pretty comfortable on the floor in sleeping bags couldn't sleep on it without having backaches the next morning. Unfortunately we didn't bring sleeping bags with us because we thought we would have 2 beds.

About 30 minutes after we got to our room, my daughter used the restroom and the toilet overflowed all over the floor. My husband was unable to plunge it. After calling downstairs we were told someone would come up and fix the problem. They were very gracious and accommodating and cleaned it up very nicely. However, we were informed that the water pressure is a problem on the island and most of the toilets in the hotel were replaced except this one and we should hold the handle down for at least 10 seconds before letting go. After we learned this we had no problem but it would have been nice to be informed before this happened.
Refrigerator in the room was also not working only to put our food in there and have our salads ruined because it acted as a freezer at 16 degrees. We were told at checkout that the refrigerators are constantly acting up and having problems. Uh ok, maybe they should have a warning on the fridge, replace it, or take it out.

So bottom line, as far as cleanliness and location, it's pretty darn nice, but some of the other customer service issues were a little aggravating.

Room Tip: The good views are the Bay Suites. Stay away from the pull out sofa!!!
4  Thank Gina A