Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
Bartwood Lodge(Eastsound)
  • Beachfront
West Beach Resort(Eastsound)
View Hotel
Pebble Cove Farm(Orcas Island)
View Hotel
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbay view suiteleaf restauranteast wingorcas islandtowel warmerbayview suitegas fireplaceshared bathsunken living roomeast soundjacuzzi tubsitting areaperfect locationwithin walking distancelarge bathroommain buildingcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Superb location (although rooms with a water view are facing a busy road) and great service. I wanna say the food was great, but I had to send my salad back *twice* (and I've never ever sent back food before). They don't seem to possess a salad spinner...

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mgv99
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed in one of their suites situated on the hill and loved the view. I recommend staying on the 2nd floor. The patio, fireplace, and spa tub were highlights. The only disappointment was that breakfast was not offered because we were 2 days ahead of the high season. Otherwise, everything was great and the location was perfect since we did not have a car.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed August 31, 2011

we stayed 3 nights there - having booked at the last minute, we didn't have much choice in terms of room, so we chose the most expensive one. It wasn't cheap, but the room was really nice and comfy, very clean and with small details such as a heated towel rack, salt to put in the jaccuzzi bath etc. View was very pretty as well.
Breakfast was definitely a highlight (we tried almost all the items on the menu, and they were all excellent)
Staff was very nice and helpful, with great recommendations and advice. I just wish they had told us: 1) that you need to book if you want to have dinner at the restaurant 2) that you need to be at the ferry terminal A LONG time in advance...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Outlook is a quaint little "inn" located in Eastsound, WA. I have been to the Island twice in the last few weeks. I loved the galleries, shops, restaurants, friendly environment etc. I highly, highly recommend Chimayo's for lunch. They have the best fresh Mexican ever! The interior is very simple and the service is "self serve" but the food is scrumptuous. We had margueritas on the deck at Allium and found the service very rude and pretentious. Once the waitress found out we were simply there to have a couple of drinks with an appetizer-she promptly told us that we needed to hurry and order and turned to the hostess and told here with a hand gesture that "no more walk ups are allowed"...SO SORRY WE DIDN'T HAVE A RESERVATION LADY!!!!!!!!!!!
However, this was all quickly forgotten when we had the most superb service at New Leaf located in the Outlook Inn. The food, wine and service was worth another trip and another and another...loved it! The staff was incredibly nice and helpful without being overbearing and totally "got it" that we did not have a reservation.
Visit Orcas Island-well worth the trip.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean but not luxurious...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Orcas Island is my families favorite get-away destination, and frankly, my family and I have stayed at many of the accomodations on Orcas Island over the years...but for multiple reasons, the Outlook Inn is definitely our favorite. Starting with the location and it's EPIC view (it doesn't get any better; from the center of the East Sound, looking out over the fabled "Indian Island" and across the water at the Native American sacred burial grounds of "Madrona Point") to the small classy and private feeling bar off of the restaraunt. It's only a few steps from the beach, and although you are right in town, it doesn't feel like it because you are tucked just off to the side. The grounds are beautiful with a private pond, beautiful lawn almost football field in size and a historic chapel in the back corner in which people are married on a frequent basis I am told. The restaraunt is called "The New Leaf Cafe" and if the food was ever not "up to par" the name is definitely appropriate as the food is excellent, unique and creative and seems to have been becoming more and more so since the management change that took place sometime in the last 10-15 years or so (I think.) There are but a few "fine dining" restaruants on the island, and this has deservingly become one of them, which is awesome due to the fact that it is in the same hotel I'm staying in!! I absolutely love this place; the staff are like a big family and treat you like you are part of it, in all the right ways. Know that it is on an island, and islands seem to have a certain nature about them, different than the mainland...so if you are used to pretentious atmospheres where the staff is impersonal and trying too hard to fit some kind of rating box, be prepared to be taken care of in a way that is more personal and meaningful, which perhpaps I am partial to. The costs associated with rooms and service are definitely seasonally appropriate and in line with or even below any comparable accomodation options in the islands...but as the old adage says...you get what you pay for, and this is no "Motel 6!" Keep up the great work Outlook, and many kudos to the people responsible for making it such a wonderful place to escape to!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water, and make reservations in plenty of advance...it is not easy to get into on short notice!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family