“Great for breakfast, but would skip the dinner”
Review of New Leaf Cafe

New Leaf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Eastsound
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The cafe is Delicious food with a spirit of genuine service and hospitality Guests who visit the New Leaf remark on two things consistently: the quality of the food and the caring service. Your experience is always at the forefront of our minds - the food must be good and we want you to feel taken care of, delighted, relaxed, welcomed.
Seattle
“Great for breakfast, but would skip the dinner”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We had several great breakfasts here; the vegetarian omelette is wonderful. A crab cake appetizer was good, but the balsamic vinaigrette on my salad was extremely acidic and harsh. For my entree, II asked for fish cooked medium well and received translucent halibut. After sending it back, it cam back still undercooked for me so I switched entrees with my husband. I did not care for the sauce on his salmon so the whole dinner (pretty expensive) was disappointing.

1 Thank webtitle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mill Valley, California
“Light & Airy view of the sound, tasty food”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This was the best restaurant we've tried all week. Lots of uninspiring food at little restaurants in town, but this was high quality, delicious and the service was great.

Langley City, Canada
“Simply stunning”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Had dinner at the New Leaf last night and decided on the daily specials. Simply put it, entrees were fantastic....service was impeccable. Will definately return.

Stanwood, Washington
“Amazing breakfast!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

While in Eastsound last weekend we stopped in for breakfast before hitting the ferry to come home. We enjoyed a FABULOUS meal and wish this wonderful restaraunt were closer to home.
I enjoyed a wonderful avacado and smoked salmon eggs benedict and was amazed and how the flavors blended together. My husband loved his smoked salmon frittata and our son actually ate most of his yogurt, fruit and granola.
I ordered a bloody mary with my breakfast (best I have ever had) and was disappointed that 20 minutes after everyone else had received their drinks I had to ask for it again.
Will definately stop at New Leaf when I visit Orcas again.

Geneva, Illinois
“The once ordinary New Leaf has turned over a new leaf!”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Before 2010, The New Leaf Cafe had been up and down, but never could it stand toe-to-toe with the Inn at Ship Bay. Based on our dinner last night, I would say that has changed. The crab cakes were superb on their ginger-pear butter sauce with just a few small dashes of a firey habenero cream. My wife had halibut that was pan-seared and flavored to perfection. Likewise, my salmon on wonderful quinoa with local vegetables was delightful. Perhaps the wine list could be a bit more interesting, but it is adequate. Our server was very helpful and attentive. The Inn at Ship Bay is probably still at the top of the list of serious restaurants on Orcas Island, but The New Leaf clearly wants to be taken seriously and is much better than the newcomer, Allium. Ignore reviews written before the new chef, Steve Debaste, took charge in 2010.

1 Thank jongeol