All reviews rosario resort moran mansion indoor pool christopher peacock cascade bay mansion restaurant the general manager organ concert main building orcas island harborside building bayside room hillside room rich history slide show beautiful location gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Rosario Resort for two nights for business and was blown away! I decided to simply call Rosario directly to get a feel for the property. Melody in reservations immediately won me over and I’m glad she did! What a beautiful resort! Ronda and her front desk team made sure that I was well taken care of from beginning to end. Thank you Ronda for making me feel like part of the Rosario family from the moment I arrived!! The room was warm and clean and had the most incredible views. The bed was so comfy and cozy that it made it really tough to get out of bed each morning. The Keurig is a great touch, I was able to make coffee, green tea and even hot chocolate.
As soon as you have the chance head over to the Moran Mansion. The food is incredibly delicious! Everything is made in-house and every meal I ate was just superb! I’m excited to go back to try their homemade pizzas. The workout facility is really nice and had everything I needed for cardio, lifting weights and some yoga. The pool is beautiful but I didn’t get a chance for a swim. I was also lucky enough to chat with the General Manager Christopher Peacock who is incredibly kind. If you have a chance to chat with him, do so, he’ll make your day a little brighter! Next time I come back I’m bringing the family! Thank you to everyone for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank JasonReid89
RosarioResort, General Manager at Rosario Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear JD Reid, Thank you for the nice comments about your recent experience at Rosario and especially for mentioning our great staff! We all look forward to your return to Rosario!

Christopher Peacock
Rosario Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 14, 2019

We had stayed at other locations on Orcas Island, as well as several of the other islands among the San Juans. We had avoided Rosario because of the word "resort." Big mistake on our part. This place is fantastic, as is the restaurant food and service. The "lodge" is historic, and even contains a small museum of the origins of this place and the history of Orcas. I don't believe there are rooms in the lodge, but that's where you check in. We stayed at one of the outlying buildings overlooking the water. It was about a five-minute walk from our room to the restaurant in the lodge. Do not complain about a five-minute walk. It's beautiful. By the way, request a room on at least the second floor of your building so you can clearly view the water from an elevation. Also, the indoor pool is in the lodge, as is the spa (a swirling hot tub) and massages if you want to schedule that sort of thing. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank 1776-Raider

Dear 1776-Raider, We are so happy you had a "surprising" experience at Rosario (I will leave off "resort," as it really is such a unique and difficult place to describe)! Thank you for highly recommending us and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Christopher Peacock
Rosario Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We stayed 3 nights at this resort over New Years. We returned to this resort because it offered the most for the money, at least over the holidays. Well appointed clean rooms, beautiful views, beautiful location (minutes from Moran State Park), a fine restaurant, comfy lounge with live entertainment, spa facilities, a gift shop, and a touch of the island culture (the lobby had several Christmas trees decorated by island community groups). We bypassed the New Years Eve gala as it was too pricey for us, opting instead to have a nice dinner at another resort down island. On the downside: the rough road between the guest buildings (where we stayed) and the main resort building; and the remoteness of the resort (~20 minutes from town) -- although that may be a plus for some!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seathos
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

I took my Fiancé here for her birthday. The staff worked with me to set the room up with flowers delivered from the local florist and made sure everything was amazing. This place is beautiful and so picturesque it could be a post card. It captures the arts and crafts movement perfectly! The attention to detail in the workmanship of this hotel is incredible! I definitely recommend this place to anyone especially for romantic getaways! The restaurant is fantastic! We also had a couples massage that was great!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Rosario for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a nice Harborside Hearth Suite room that was dated, but awesome view of the water and resort. The lounge was inviting as we had drinks and dinner there one night then dinner at the main restaurant that was great! We spent 10 days at 3 different islands in the San Juans and this was our favorite!

Date of stay: September 2018