We stayed at the Harborside cascade suite for 2 nights over the Memorial Day weekend. We have stayed at the one of the Residences at Rosario previously and loved it. It had a luxurious and updated feel and the upkeep was impeccable. In contrast the Harborside suites left a lot to be desired. I believe they are a recent acquisition and have not been brought up to the standard of the rest of the resort to deserve the Rosario brandname just yet.
The good: The location was great- on the waterfront. The suite had four queen beds in two bedrooms, and another murphy bed. So it's intended for 8-10 people. The bedrooms had balconies facing the water, and the view was incredible. In contrast the location of the Residences is higher up on the cliff, offering a more panoramic view but slightly farther away from the water.
The disappointing elements of Harborside suites:
1. General upkeep was very bad. There was a layer of dust on the kitchen shelves. The balcony furniture and floor were very dirty and we needed to clean all of this thoroughly before we could use them. The interiors are all very dated and in desperate need of a renovation.
2. The living area is cramped, especially for 8-10 people. We were only 6 and there wasn't enough sitting room for all of us.
3. There was no dishwasher in the kitchen and very limited utensils. They had supplied 5 sets of plates and glasses. They asked us to go to the front desk, which is a 2-minute drive, if we needed additional dishes. They weren't equipped to supply them to the room.
4. No drawers/shelves in the bathrooms, very limited storage.
5. The hot water in the showers would run out after 3 people had showered. This was surprising to us. Hotels should be equipped for this sort of thing, especially a suite intended to accommodate 10 people.
6. Wifi was extremely weak in most of the suite, and there was only one spot in one of the bedrooms from where we were able to connect.
7. Very bad pillows, offering minimal support. We didn't sleep well on either night. Suggest you bring your own pillows if you're driving.
Overall the place has potential but Rosario should really not open it to guests until they've addressed these issues. It's more like a 2 star inn in its current state. We were excited to return to Rosario after the Residences experience, but not we're not sure about their commitment to quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic waterfront resort located on Orcas Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Rosario Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosario Hotel Eastsound
- Rosario Island
- Rosario Resort Eastsound
- Rosario Resort Orcas Island
- Rosario Resort And Spa Orcas Island/Eastsound, WA