“Wish we could do it again”

Emerald Isle Sailing Charters
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in Eastsound
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the hidden side of the Pacific Northwest coast while sailing the San Juans, or Inside Passage with your naturalist captain as he guides your small group in an intimate exploration of wildlife and natural splendor. Enjoy feasting on gourmet northwest cuisine and relaxing aboard our warm and comfortable 54' sailing yacht. Luxuriate in an effortless letting go of stress and worry as our attentive service, in an enchanting environment join to bring you a deep relaxation of the soul. Come let us show you why every one of our Tripadvisor reviews is 5 stars!
Sarasota FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wish we could do it again”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I have owned several sailboats, have lived aboard two of them, so we know a fair amount about sailing and cruising. Alas, for medical reasons we no longer own a boat. Our experience with Dave and his wonderful boat sailing the San Juans was simply one of the highlights of our life on the water. The cook (sorry I have forgotten her name) was awesome, the scenary magnificent, and Dave's knowledge of every aspect of his surroundings was incredible. My time at the helm was made special because he is so calm. Wish we could do it again, for even a longer trip.

Visited July 2011

Melbourne, Australia
“The trip of a lifetime - wonderful scenery, wildlife, people, food. List endless”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We sailed with Emerald Isle Sailing Charter during July with our teenage son. The 54 foot yacht is magnificent and accomodates 6 passengers plus the crew. We could not fault any aspect of the yacht, the crew or the facilities. It was all wonderful.

Dave, the captain, is a delight. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable. He is also a great naturalist, and historian. The chef (much more than a cook) was an absolute highlight. She was trained at a renowned culinary school in New York State and had extensive restaurant experience. She prepared superb gourmet food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as appetizers. And coped with the fact that 3 of the passengers were vegetarian.

The first day was unexpectedly windy but a great thrill. At no time did we feel in any danger or at any risk. Dave's professionalism was remarkable.

The entire trip was at the right pace. Daily sail or motoring from one small cove to another interspersed with hikes and / or kayaking around some of the most majestic islands. The places we stopped to anchor in each night were all different but equally superb.

We highly recommend Emerald Isle Sailing Charter. Nothing was too much trouble and they made a very special effort to ensure that our teenage son had the time of his life. He enjoyed it so much, he threatened to stow away on the boat. We are now planning when we can do the north passage trips.

Thanks Dave, Katie and Kimaya!!!

Visited July 2011
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sailing north through a drop-dead gorgeous place”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I went on Emerald Isle's 2010 sailing cruise from Orcas Island to Bella Bella, B.C. The scenery and animals we saw on the 10-day cruise provided the experience of a lifetime. Because I am gluten intolerant, I was worried about being dependent on an unknown chef working within the limitations of a small boat galley. I need not have worried. The chef prepared sumptuous meals that were safe for me to eat and that the others also enjoyed. The other 5 passengers were good company, and I will never forget the experience of sailing among, and playing with, hundreds of dolphins. Then there were the humpback whales doing bubble-net feeding, and the fjords, and the waterfalls, and.....

North Richland Hills, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best part of my trip!”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My wife and I went to the San Juans for our honeymoon and went on a day sail with Emerald Isle. Dave is a great guide and is quite knowledgeable about the islands and the wildlife you come across. We were there right before the busy summer season so we got a tour all to ourselves- we even got to help crew the boat. I highly recommend their trips for anyone visiting Orcas Island.

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Sailing Experience”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We sailed with Emerald Isle Sailing Charter during the last week of June. The 54 foot yacht is magnificent and accomodates 6 passengers plus the crew. The crew gave us wonderful service. Dave, the captain, is low key, easy-going, an experienced sailor, naturalist, and historian. The cook was a culinary school graduate who fed us gourmet food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as appetizers.

We loved the peace and tranquility of the sailing and anchoring at small coves overnight. We didn't want to stay at busy marinas, so this was perfect. After anchoring we would go ashore and take a short hike.

I've sailed quite a bit and overall this was definitely a great sailing experience. My husband really enjoyed it and he's not a sailor! We will definitely sail again with Emerald Isle Sailing Charter.

1 Thank travelmorepat