“Disappointed”
Review of Cedars Inn

Cedars Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Wenatchee
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife, me and a couple of friends were on a motorcycle ride over the north cascade hwy. I had booked a couple of rooms at this hotel. First they switched our reservations with our friends, which turned out to be no big deal. But the air conditioner didn't work. We had to go down and get a couple of fans. Second the clerk told us that they could move us to another room, but that someone had taken a shower in that room and they needed to clean it. We chose to stay in our original room, but noticed that the shower and bathroom hadn't been cleaned.
We requested two non smoking rooms and our friends room smelt of smoke. Over a very poor experience and I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Cedars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear JeffSerrano,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, regarding your stay with us at the Cedars Inn.
Second, I would like to sincerely apologize to you regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that there was a confusion with your reservation when you arrived. I shared your review with our front desk, and housekeeping staff regarding what had occurred. Your feedback is very important to us, for it helps us to ensure that situations like this are handled in a different and correct manner.
I hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service and accommodations. I would also like the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Well this is actually my third stay at this location. Other than the location is pretty messed up with the twisty off ramps going everywhere the rooms and staff are great. They baked cookies after I arrived, and I don't think they did this for me but there is a 7-11 right across the street. Great for the last minute Slurpee attack!

To sum it up it's a great place to call it a day. Price is good rooms are generally clean, nice pool for kids and although the breakfast is pretty lacking it is still something to eat on the way out.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, don't get a 1st floor room with the sliding door. Too many big trucks a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tizmyn

Dear Tizmyn,
Thank you so much for sharing your hotel experience at the Cedars Inn on Trip Advisor.
Yes, the cookies were for you and all of our guests that stay with us. We bake cookies, every evening at 7 p.m. (peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies, & a cup of cold milk a must) Yum! I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you, for your repeated business. We hope to see you again and again in the future. We appreciate and value your business, thank you.
Once again thank you for your time and your helpful advice regarding the room tips.
Until next time

Reviewed July 12, 2013

we have been to cedars inn many times, for where its at you get great service
breakfast, pool ect. plus they are pet friendly you couldn't ask for a better place at that price
rooms are clean and comfortable. remember this is not the Hilton and it should not try to be
thanks for the great service we are staying there this weekend as well.
7-12-13

Room Tip: I like the bottom floors so we can go for a quick walk around the neighbor hood I the mornings plus...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank madmanroywa
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Cedars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Madmanroywa,
First of all, I want to thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We certainly appreciate and value your business. Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to all of us.
Again, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Cedars Inn, having switched over from another hotel. I'm finding that my good experiences at Cedars Inn is consistent. Again, clean rooms, nice staff, great location, etc. I find that I don't need a car when I stay here. Wenatchee is in the process of developing an incredibly bike/walking path system, and it goes directly to the hotel. That part is complete! So my husband & I walked over the river, rented bikes, and we were off. We could get anywhere we wanted to go on the bikes and/or by walking. I love this! And the hotel staff made sure our bikes were secure over night. There are also lots of good places to eat nearby, and even a place to get a good massage - right down the street. Across the street, and just a short distance down the road (a very easy walk) is the mall. This is not a luxury hotel, so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't it. This is a nice, basic, clean hotel w/ a friendly, helpful staff. If this is the kind of hotel you're looking for, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I love the 3rd floor over-looking the river. But if you don't like traffic noise, sitting on th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DiAlaska,
Thank you for taking the time to comment your hotel experience at the Cedars Inn on Trip Advisor.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and shared this with our whole staff here at the Cedars Inn. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.
Thank you again for sharing your hotel experience, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Valley.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Room was clean, hallways and rooms had an odor like a wet dog, a little pricey for the condition of the hotel. Nice if you are passing through. Very friendly front counter staff. Breakfast was aerage but does the trick.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Lipschitz,
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for responding to our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.
Second, allow me to take the time to apologize to you regarding the odor that was throughout the hallway, while staying at the Cedars Inn. I did share your feedback with our maintenance department to ensure that we handle the issue immediately.
Lastly, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We certainly strive to guarantee excellent services and accommodations to all of our guests.
We hope to see you again, if you’re ever in the Wenatchee Valley again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our overall experience at this hotel was good. We only stayed one night but thought the location was good for shopping in east Wenatchee, and we thought the value was great for what we paid.
It was quiet,clean and comfortable....we stayed on the top floor.
The continental breakfast was average but a nice inclusion nonetheless.
Our biggest/only complaint about this place was the overpowering cigarette smoke odor throughout all of the common areas here - even in the elevator - but once we were inside our room we couldn't smell anything.
If ever in the area again, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room on the top/3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChitchatCanada

Dear ChitChatCanada,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review of your stay at the Cedars Inn. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on memorial day weekend 2013,and I can say that it was very expensive!It was 200 bucks for our 2 queen room.Yes,it has an indoor pool and a breakfast included,but our trip was definitely not worth the huge bill.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear secretsomeone,
Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review for the Cedars Inn on Trip Advisor.
Our peak season begins the beginning of May through October, and rates vary throughout the year. However, we have some incredible rates and packages during our off season (fall & winter).
We certainly value your feedback regarding your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Wenatchee
Best Western Chieftain Inn
Best Western Chieftain Inn
#4 of 15 in Wenatchee
Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee

Been to Cedars Inn? Share your experiences!