“Picked a winner!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
NJ
“Picked a winner!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband, kids, and nieces were in the area for raspberry picking, and didn't know a thing about Duvall. We decided to have lunch here just because it looked nice on the outside. Well, we picked a winner. Everything that we ate was wonderful. Our food ranged from breakfast plates (that, by the way, we were able to order at 1pm - kudos for that!!) - pancakes, eggs, etc., to burgers, fries, and mac and cheese. Our party consistent of people ranging from 3yo to 44 yo, including some picky eaters, a teenager, and some (my husband and I) who have traveled the world and eaten in some VERY expensive establishments. We were all impressed. No doubt a large reason for the quality of the food is that most, if not all, of the ingredients are locally produced.

Restaurant was also nicely decorated with some very interesting Americana; waitstaff very friendly and attentive. Prices very reasonable.

• Visited July 2013

Seattle, WA
“Surprisingly nice place in Duvall”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went here recently for lunch with a friend - even though I live relatively close by, I never knew the place existed in the small town of Duvall ( fine dining choices there are limited). I had a Chicken and Brie sandwich on Focaccia bread - delicious and enough for me to take home leftovers. The menu for dinner looks great and more upscale than the choices at the other restaurants around there, so I will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent for kids, great food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved sitting outside on the back porch. My 3 Kids had a great time playing with the toys in the kids playroom! Husband had the burger and loved it, I had the wild salmon salad with beets and tarragon lemon dressing. Kids had Mac n cheese and it was really yummy! Great atmosphere, great food and friendly service. It was pricey for lunch, over $75 but we had 5 of us and beer/wine.

Visited July 2013
Upland, California
“Out of the way Nice”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

In a tiny, quaint little town outside of Seattle got to try a great little surprise. Decorated in farm chique, the Grange offers a divers and eclectic menu with a GOOD selection of wines.

The salmon was well seasoned and came with a GREAT rice underlayment. Everything was fresh, and others in our party enjoyed a hearty bison pot roast.

• Visited May 2013
Monroe, Washington
“Things Change”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant before. When The Grange first opened, it was a nice addition to the dining choices in Duvall. I've enjoyed many meals there. And I appreciate the restaurant's commitment to buying local, fresh, organic ingredients. I've also appreciated that they offer at least one interesting, fresh vegetarian dish.

The last time I dined at The Grange, the quality of the service had diminished. I've always felt that the chef and staff go out of their way to delight their customers. On this occasion, our server was in such a hurry to take our order that she didn't tell us the specials. When I asked about the them, she delivered them in such a way that I felt as though I was really challenging her patience. After several attempts to find a vegetarian option, I finally settled on a side of mashed potatoes and a side vegetable. These items were plopped in front of me devoid of presentation or any attempt to make the meal appealing in any way. Even though the restaurant was not full, our server seemed in a hurry to move us through our meal. It was as though the whole purpose of the service was to get to that moment when she could hand us our check and send us on our way.

Despite the tone of this review, I am not difficult to please. I recognize that a restaurant that does not cater to vegetarian people can pose a challenge for me, and I take that in stride. But, after having so many delightful meals in this restaurant, I was disappointed to find that my being there on this occasion was such a strain on my server and apparently on the chef.

• Visited May 2013