“little pricey nothing outstanding”

Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Parksville, Canada
“little pricey nothing outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Paying 148.00 with a AAA rate seemed high, Morning check out spoke with clerk about the price he informed me there was a lower price but we were not given it . After traveling all day you just want to get off road. Do a lot of traveling and stay at a lot of hotels have never had a 20.00 charge added on as an incidental in case charge you used something . Will not stay at a liberty inn again because of this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We value our guests' opinions and use the information to improve our services and offerings. We understand that traveling can be tiring, and that guests therefore prefer that check-in be as swift and efficient as possible. This is one of the reasons we have instituted a policy of running a credit card to cover any incidental fees that may be incurred during a guest's stay. We have found that this is the most convenient way to handle the matter, for both guests and our staff. If no purchases were made, as was the case during your stay, no charges are processed on the credit card.

Deborah Kerner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mead, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Liberty Inn was a perfect location for us while visiting family at JBLM. The complimentary full breakfast was hot and generous. Our room was spacious and clean. The location was within walking distance of the town center with lots of good resturant choices. Our interaction with the staff was always positive. We are definitely planning to stay there the next time we come to visit our family.
M & M

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marsha G
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

As previously mentioned, this is in a great location. It's within a short walking distance to many eateries & meeting places. It also offers complimentary access with your reservation to a 24 hour gym down street, which is in addition to its own on-site fitness center. It's also less than a five minute drive to JBLM (if that's where you're headed). I stayed there for ten days and found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous, as do most of those reviewing on this site. The property itself looks brand new, and is very clean & well maintained. The rooms were surprisingly large too. This is just a great hotel.

Room Tip: Farelli's is a great pizza place nearby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Liberty_Inn, General Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Liberty Inn. We appreciate your complimentary comments regarding our staff and your overall experience at the hotel. We look forward to serving you again the future

ritzville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed at the Liberty Inn for a 4 day training confrence. The hotel location was great, walking distance of resturants, coffee or just a nice walk. There was alot of consruction going on but that wasn't too bad either. I did have a problem with the front desk when I checked in and checked out.
My employer made the reservations and gave me a county check. When I checked in I was told they would not take the check and needed my personal credit card. I was then told that the manager would have to be called and then told the general manager would have to be called, all the while being told that they wanted my credit card to pay for the room. When the manager came out to talk to me she would rude, condensending and was treating me like I was trying to stay at her hotel for free. In the meantime I had called my employer who had given the hotel a credit card number to hold the room(which was on file). When the general manager got to the front desk she looked a little further into the reservation and apologize and told the manager there was a credit card on file and to let me check in, which she did but was very rude. I requested to have the receipt slipped under my door the night before I left so I did NOT have to deal with the manager or the same front desk gentleman when I left.
When I did finally leave I TRIED to just leave my key on the counter and walk out the door. However it did not work that way for me. The manager was on duty and said to me in front of a few people "You are the one with the check, right)? I was very embarassed and then I tried to explain to her that I did not need a receipt she barked at me "What is your room number" again as I tried to explain she then yelled the same thing. I told the room number and the she barked back "You don't need a receipt". Which I knew. I di not get this woman's name other wise I would share it.
I have another training at this hotel sometime in August and I am not sure if I want to stay at the hotel because of the front desk.
Other than the front desk and the manager I enjoyed my stay at the Liberty Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Liberty_Inn, General Manager at Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are working closely with our Front Desk staff to determine why this unfortunate situation occurred and are taking steps to ensure that it does not happen again. We do hope you will give us the chance to host you and your colleagues in the future so we have the opportunity to provide you with the excellent level of service our guests deserve.

spokane, wa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel are the worst that Ive ever come in contact with. I recently stayed at the Liberty Inn while attending a work conference. From checking in to check out the Front Desk staff was awful. The asian front desk agent was extremely rude, nasty and should be removed from her position immediately. When i was checking out she literally grabbed the keys out of my hand and told me I had my reciept already so she wasnt going to print me out another one. She should never be allowed near a customers ever again. My company paid for my stay at this hotel and I have let them know that they should never let our employees stay there ever again.

2 Thank aubs8181
We appreciate this report of your stay and are taking immediate measures to remedy the problem. When we receive a review such as this we take the matter very seriously.You can rest assured that the issues are being addressed directly with the relevant staff members. Our apologies for a level of service that was not as high quality as it ought to be.

Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Liberty Inn last night. Great Location. Nice town. Nice neighborhood. Clean hotel with a nice lobby and great staff. The rooms are reasonable and nice and clean. Felt very comfortable away from home. I also like that there are several restaurants with in a short walk. I wish they had more of these hotels and cities around the states.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you are looking or I am sure they will give you their best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Not really sure whats up with the two previous reviews but my recent experience was excellent. I didn't have a reservation and when I walked in I felt safe and secure as a female traveler. I was greeted by a friendly gentlemen at the desk who took me through the check in process quickly and efficiently. The pool room looked wonderful though I didn't take advantage of it and the lobby was very warm and inviting with multiple areas to sit and visit. The breakfast area was much larger then the majority of the hotels I've been to and in the morning I was pleased to find a wide selection of foods offered and again much more then the typical complimentary breakfast offered at other chains.

As far as the room itself as soon as I walked in my first thought was how clean it actually felt and after looking around I couldn't find one thing out of place or dirty. VERY IMPRESSIVE! And the bed was so soft I ended up sleeping in longer then I intended!

Again I have no clue what happened with the reviewers that had a poor experience but for me this was the best place I've stayed in a very very long time! Will be back next time I'm through for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,131 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey

Been to Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont? Share your experiences!