“Only had time for one meal”

Mc Namara's Pub & Eatery
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Dupont
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed April 30, 2014

With shepherds pie and corned beef and cabbage and lots of other good choices wish I'd had more time. The service and drink were all one could ask for. CB&C was excellent....

1  Thank DirtSifter
There are newer reviews for Mc Namara's Pub & Eatery

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While visiting my soldier son at Fort Lewis we decided to go here and let him try some place different and off base. It was myself and my two sons. Out of the 3 meals only one of us was really happy with their dinner. I asked about how the Chicken Pot Pie was and it came highly recommended. I had one large piece of chicken, not much gravy and an overabundance of peas in the pie. The crust was tasty and flaky but without much gravy it just got sort of heavy and plain. My son ordered the Mac and Cheese and he said it was OK but not anything he would order again. My older son had a spicy chicken penne pasta that he really enjoyed and cleaned his plate. The waitress did notice that I had not eaten much of my pie and asked about it, I did tell her I was not that happy with it. She came back and offered me a free dessert to make up for the meal not being up to my standards. I really appreciated that and have respect for places that make some sort of effort to ensure the customers leave happy. The atmosphere was nice, the service was good, the prices are acceptable and the staff were all very friendly. It might have just been an off night for the cook.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

To the moron who wrote the "substandard" <sic> review: I might take you more seriously if you could a) spell; b) write complete sentences; and c) make sense. This is a great pub with great service. Some menu items are typical pub fare, but some are excellent.

1  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Don't go and waist time they gave me the wrong beer in the wrong glass. The steak salad came with frozen pre cooked steak. The waitress didn't bring the appetizer before the main dish because she said "sorry its late they ran out of the pre cooked cheese. The waitress and the manager I spoke to are untrained and don't care. I felt like I was mugged in the corner and theres nothing I can do because if this is going on then the owner doesn't even care either. When I told the waitress the beer was the wrong type she told me she watched the guy pore it I had to tell her twice when she finally double checked then she came back and said he mixed two different beers together. Who does that? Anyway don't waste your evening trying this place which is what I did and I regret it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

McNamaras has great food, everything on the menu is good, the burgers are really good too.
Sometimes the service isnt so fast or quick but the servers are nice about it, reason being, if the bar has something going ( Wed. nights, Trivia games or something ),SERVICE WILL BE SLOW .