“Lovely Stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Anchorage, Alaska
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Arrived late in the evening, yet Erica greeted us with a smile. She was wonderful to help find extra coat hangers and to make certain the room met all needs. Place is clean and quiet. One disappointment: the hot tub was out of order, as was the pool...and that hot tub was high on my list for post-business hours! Pleasant complimentary breakfast. Putting in an auto expresso machine would be a great upgrade to the coffee. Watch the final bill - they will charge for use of the room safe unless you contest it (of course, this is when you do not USE the safe!). However, they were quick to respond to my call about the error days after getting home. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs - it sounded like a stomp fest took place as the upper room's guest prepared for h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Paper thin walls and horrible bed and bedding. Very old hotel badly in need of an update. Same price as far nicer hotels in the area= rip off. Service friendly but my room wasn't cleaned for three days because I had the "do not disturb" sign out... Only until 1015am. I don't usually write reviews but this hotel was so bad I wanted to warn other travelers. Read the justifiably better reviews for other hotels and go stay there instead of the Dupont guest inn.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank KayBoston

Travelers are raving about these Dupont hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Thank goodness we only stayed for 1 night. We booked the family suite and it was outdated, smelled of a horrible musty odor.. the walls were dirty.. The bed linens were thin and clearly need to be replaced. They offer a laundry room but only had one washer and dryer working.. The others had "out of order signs" on them. Even the couch in the the room had a hole in it. The business center was a joke.. I needed to print something and it took me about 30min. The front desk staff were friendly but I did notice them sitting in the breakfast area watching tv allot. We did not stay for breakfast.. Overall this place is a joke!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tiffany0700
DuPont, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Dupont Guesthouse numerous times in the past. We frequently check in when our children come with their families. It gives all of us some privacy and access to a swimming pool and hot tub. This New Years, neither the pool nor the hot tub were heated. We were very, very disappointed!

The pillows were blocks of foam rubber and the beds were a little soft. We requested softer pillows and that helped relieve the stress on our necks and backs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Catherine J
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 6, 2012

the good news... I only stayed 1 night

the bad... the place is old, smells bad. Room is spacious, bathroom not so much so. The linens on the bed and the towels are about as cheap/thin as you can get. The free breakfast was adequate.

The internet went in and out the whole visit. Tough to get any work done.

The finishing touch was upon checkout they had added a fee ($1.50 + tax) for having a safe in the room. When I complained I hadn't used the safe they took it off.... I wonder how many people never notice

Won't be staying here again... not worth being close to work

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank fabdog
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The so-called indoor "heated" swimming pool advertised in various websites pertaining to this location is a down right false! The swimming pool, overall, hasn't been available to any of the guest for most of 2012. Access to the enter the swimming pool area, even to just swim in the cold water, was not possible at all. We asked the front desk clerks repeatedly why this was the case and all we received was the typical song-and-dance misinformation by Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

I find it apprehensive and truly unprofessional management didn't have the decency to be honest and straight forward with its guests on this issue. If you're not going to invest in repairing the heating system of your swimming pool, be honest and tell this to your guests. Do not advertise you have an indoor heated swimming pool that is accessible to people when it's not. I know for a fact the swimming pool problem as been an ongoing issue since April 2012. The reason I know this is because my wife's church held a Women's Retreat back in April at this location. All the women were highly disappointed about the swimming pool not being available because of the heating system. They heard the exact same thing my family and I heard in november (Thanksgiving time) about the swimming pool's heating system. I am very disappointed with Guest House Inn & Suites on this issue. My family who came all the way from Texas for the long Thanksgiving break experienced NOTHING from the hotel's indoor "heated" swimming pool. If your guests are going to fulfill their part in paying their lodging bill when its due, shouldn't Guest House Inn & Suites fulfill its part in providing their guests what is being advertised?

I addressed my complaint and concerns to Chassidy Naputo, the front office supervisor at the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont when we checked out, and I've heard nothing back at all. Perhaps maybe I might hear something from the Regional General Manager since I contacted the corporate headquartes after three weeks of being ignored by the management of the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Polypolite
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently, and first thing I noticed was that the staff was hard to find. Noone was at the front desk for what seemed to be an extended period of time. The rooms are acceptable (old) but they were clean with no foul odors noted. The location of the hotel was good. Gas station seemed very close and convenient, local good restauraunts, and very convenient to interstate. The breakfast was ok, and the gym was acceptable. They do charge a $1.50 daily rate for a room safe, whether you use it or not!!!

I was not traveling with my pet, but as a plus, they do accept pets.

Room Tip: Would choose if you need to stay for a night and are traveling with your pet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank izzy706
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Dupont
Home2 Suites by Hilton DuPont
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!