“Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Tacoma, Washington
“Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Stay here for location and price. You can't beat DuPont for staying near Jblm and this is the more affordable of the 2. The room needs updating for sure.... We had to go buy a tape at the goodwill for the VCR!! Breakfast was not bad the kids loved the waffles..... But the pool heater was broken which means freezing water in Washington! Overall worth it for location and price!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dorothy554
Sean M, Regional General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Dorothy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We encourage feedback from all of our guests in order to improve our service as satisfaction rating. I did want you to know that we do have videos available at the front desk, but going forward we will be upgrading to in room pay per view movies. We are currently seeking a provider that can provide a lost cost solutions to ensure it is a value to all. Thank you very much for choosing us and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Regards,

Regional General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dupont, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I arrived late due to a flight issue and heavy traffic. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast could have more offered especially fruit. Points to know make sure to bring an Ethernet cord because there is no wireless connection in the room. Unfortunately during my stay the pool and jacuzzi were closed due to maintenance. Other than the pool I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Angie A
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback concerning your stay here. You will be pleased to know that the pool and spa are up and running again. Also, we usually have fresh fruit for our breakfast, so I would have to believe that during your stay, we must have not purchased enough. I was slightly confused about the wireless as we do have wireless throughout the hotel. In the future, if you have problems connecting to the wireless, just call the front desk and the staff would be happy to assist you in gaining access. Once again, thank you for you patronage and we look forward to provide great service to you in the future.

Regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed two nights of a three night booked stay. Decided after the second night to change hotels. Booked a room with double beds and a pull out couch for three adults. Checked in, room very dated but seemingly clean, particularly the bathroom. Rooms really need to be updated. Later ready for bed and pulled the couch, no bedding, checked around room, no bedding. Later bedding brought to room but we had decided to make due with the double beds. We were in a room on the 2nd floor just above the check in lobby and about 1 am a party ensued below. Lots of talking, laughing and general carrying on for quite a while. Not a great nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank P A
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We here at the Guesthouse Inn Dupont, WA strive to provide a clean and safe environment for all of our guest. I have shared your review with our housekeeping department to stress the importance of ensuring the pull out sofas are made and ready for use. As far as the appearance of the rooms and them being seemingly dated is something that is being looked at by the ownership group and plans are in place to update the rooms in the very near future. Also in the future, please let us know when a guest is loud during the late night hours as we will gladly call on visit the room in question to respectfully ask them to quiet the noise. The Guesthouse Inn staff and myself always welcome feedback as it helps us get to our goal of achieving a 100% satisfaction rating from all of our valued patrons. Warm Regards,

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pros: Comfy room, very quiet most of the time. Clean, especially the bathroom. Easy parking close to restaurants.
Cons: 5/6 times I checked the lobby was out of coffee! Smelly towels what was that funk. Measly continental breakfast. Elevator super slowwww... Pool had no water.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnonymousTraveler13
Sean M, at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experiences during you stay in May. I would like to let you know that those problems are no longer an issue at this property. We have made some changes and decisions within the hotel to ensure that no guest experiences this again. I hope that if in the future you do elect to stay with us again ,you will see the changes and be just as delighted to stay as you were before minus the small issues you spoke of. I truly thank you for your feedback and welcome it in the future. Warm Regards, Sean Miller, Regional General Manager.
Bronxville, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

I arrived at 8 pm for a 25 day stay while on business at Ft Lewis. Never again. The suite I had been promised was not available, and in fact was never available in the first place. I was given a room that, upon my entry, turned out to have been torn up by the maids and left that way. The next room they gave me was satisfactory, but did not have any cables for computer access. When I asked for the cables, I was told that there was no internet access in the hotel due to a storm the previous week, but it would be back soon.

Soon?

I was on a business trip. Without internet access, I was out of business. And there was no projected fix date. I imagine this is a fine place if all one wants to do is sleep, but...don't plan on buying any water there, because the vending machine was empty. The free breakfast is ridiculous....a few sweet rolls and some oranges.

I learned in my military career that sometimes the accommodations are sparse and the food is meager.....IF ONE IS STAYING IN A TENT IN THE MIDDLE OF A DESERT!!! This is a commercial establishment!! Good God!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Robert V
Glen H, Regional General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Robert, we apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent trip to DuPont. I was able to retrieve your reservation information from our system and at the time, you made the reservation we were only 7 % occupied. However, you happened to arrive after the DuPont/Olympia Area was hit by a major snow and ice storm (1-19-2012) which knocked out power for over 290,000 customers including all of DuPont with the exception of the Guest House. This instantly put us in a sold out situation. We had many people checking in and out throughout this storm as power came back on and our staff worked very hard to get rooms ready throughout the day and into the night. This power outage caused many surges in the hotel and we lost our T-1 line phone system to intermittent use, our internet went out with the T-1 our elevator shut down, cable was out for over 5 days, with no stores or any shops and restaurants open in DuPont, our vending machines were depleted quickly as well as our breakfast. We had many people still in the hotel when you had checked out on Monday who did not have power returned to their homes until Wednesday and Thursday of that same week. We are sad to see that you did not get to experience the level of service that you were expecting and hope to be able to share that with you on your next trip.

Travelers are raving about these Dupont hotels

Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here for an 8 night stay because their rates seemed to be a little bit better than the other hotel in DuPont, the Liberty Inn. One night here was enough and we moved over to the Liberty Inn. Where do I start? The sofa in the room was worn through on the edges, the bedspread was worn out, and the shower didn't work. The room came with a kitchenette: the utensils were dirty, the drawers had crumbs in them and one of the drinking glasses had what looked like caked-on dried milk encrusted on the bottom. Breakfast was very cheap with plastic utensils. There is such lack of attention to detail here that it is surprising they can charge the prices they do. Until things turn around here, stay away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thunderbird12
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Although my purpose for staying at this hotel was unfortunate, due to a loss in my family. I felt well accommodated by the front desk staff. The evening Ladies were a charm, always helpful and pleasant. I often refused housekeeping services due to sleeping in the daytime, I was comforted by no noise disturbances whatsoever. When I would request fresh towels or trash bags, the girls never hesitated. I would definitely stay here again, but hopefully under different circumstances. My advice, great/ convenient location to Patriots Landing and JBLM, lots of walking distance food options, and convenient 24 hour gas station for munchies or cigarettes. Thank You Guesthouse Staff for making one less problem for me to worry about.

Room Tip: Make your reservation over the phone preferably in the evening time, I called during the day and cou...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Angel503
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,114 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tac...
#1 of 1 in Lakewood Pierce County
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!