“army time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ft. Lewis Military Museum

Ft. Lewis Military Museum
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Dupont
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum displaying military memorabilia dating from 1804 to the present.
Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“army time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

gave me a lot of history about the military around this parts. It was nice looking at the old equipment and weapons.

Olympia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Long wait, but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been waiting for the museum to complete it's renovation. When it finally did, a good friend and I paid a visit. One thing that I didn't know was that the museum facility started out as a canteen operated by the Salvation Army. The displays are all well thought out and executed. I especially liked the display about the role of the Army during Washington's territorial days. I also liked the displays of the uniforms that officers and men have worn throughout the near 100 years the fort has been in existence. Great place, and wonderfully staffed!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Townsend_Flash
West Bend, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Interesting but outdoor displays deteriorating.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Free is good. That's what you have here. The inside exhibit has the history and uniforms of all US history. The outside exhibit has a out 30patient military displays deteriorating from missles to tanks. You can tell they are rusting out and not well kept. It looks like the museum is volunteer ran with not many resources for upkeep. Still worth an hour of your time to see.

1 Thank Skygem
Orlando, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Made me proud to see...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was very impressed with their collection the last time we visited. In addition, my father was stationed there many, many years ago. This gave me a real connection to him. The museum is undergoing renovation, so we hope it will be reopened the next time we are in Washington State.

Visited October 2011
Lakewood, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Been renovating for years.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

From what I can see driving by it seems very interesting. Renovations have had this place closed since like '08 with no sign of ending. Look elsewhere.

2 Thank mrbojinkles