“Nice first meal in Seattle”

Emerald Thai Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Serving Thai delish in a whimsical Thai house since 1993" Emerald Thai is locally owned and operated in city of Des Moines. Founded since 1993 by former Muay Thai prize fighter and UFC trainer. Our restaurant is heralded by locals and visitors alike for our authenticity and friendliness.
North Dakota
“Nice first meal in Seattle”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

They delivered to my hotel near the airport. It was really nice to have a delivery option after a long trip that wasn't pizza. I ordered fried prawns and pad see ew. The prawns were not large as I'd expected, and not worth the price I feel, even if I'd eaten in. The noodles were good, pretty average, but nice to have delivered to me, so I was satisfied. The food was delivered fairly quickly right to my hotel room door and it was hot, and that's what I wanted.

Visited April 2012

az
“Very good Thai restaurant about 2 miles south of SeaTac airport”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Extensive menu. Staff are friendly. Service excellent. Clean and pleasant environment. Generous portions. Open M-F 11a.m. to 10p.m. and Sat/Sun 4 p.m. to 10p.m. We stayed at Sleep Inn, about 1 mile away, and the courtesy van driver was happy to bring us to the restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“I will stay in Des Moines again just to eat here!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I drove cross country to Seattle and stayed in Des Moines for 3 days. I stayed at the Sea-Tac Valu Inn simply because there was a Thai restaurant next door. What a fabulous surprise! I went there 5 times and tried something different each time, Each dish was authentic and perfectly seasoned and prepared. Quaint atmosphere and reasonable prices. The service is phenomenal and the owners were very pleasant and attentive. I have eaten in dozens of Thai restaurants back east and this certainly ranks in the top 3! The next time I am in Seattle I plan to stay in Des Moines because it is a nice, quiet hamlet near the Puget Sound but mainly because Emerald Thai was THAT enjoyable!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Bob H
Victoria, British Columbia
“Tasty food”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Dishes were flavourful and large. Big plus -- Emerald Thai delived to our hotel in an extremely heavy downpour.

Visited November 2011
Seattle, Washington
“DELICIOUS”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I'm a student at HCC and I enjoy eating at Emerald Restauran, because the food is very delicious and exstra fresh. The owners and workers create a nice atmosphere, best services...
My favorite food is Coconat sup and # 71 Sea food combination.
I have been eating in Emerald Restaurant for couple years and never get tired of the food.
I strongly recoment to everyone to go there to enjoy deliciouse food !!! ND

• Visited November 2011