“What's not to like”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wally’s is comfortable and has some history. Almost like your favorite pair of worn-in shoes. It just feels right. Not glamorous or glitzy but still looks good and feels good. They have a nice seafood menu but I rarely look past the fish and chips. The cod fillets are prepared just right. Cooked thoroughly but not over cooked, moist, not at all oily, and served with real homemade fries. The outdoor seating area is very pleasant on a warm summer day but I wish it had a view. If I lived closer I’d eat here more often. This is a place that is easy on the wallet and yet good to take out of town guests.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ate outside and was pleased with the whole experience. Everything from the $4 margarita to the delicious chowder. Would recommend stopping here if you are near.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The place is very casual and cozy. The Halibut Fish and Chips and the Fried cod fish tacos were really good. The clam chowder was awesome, it was better than Ivar's and Anthony's. I was disappointed with the blackberry pie. The pastry was so thin and tasteless. The filling was good though. I would definitely try this restaurant again when we go back to Seattle.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

It's a cute little place with, as you might have guessed, really good chowder. They've got a bunch of other seafood. The lobster my girlfriend got was good -- but not the best. The chowder I got was probably the best I've ever had. They've got a solid beer list. It's an ideal spot if you're headed south from the airport -- perhaps heading to Olympic without taking the ferry out of downtown.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have been to Wally's many times and have never been disappointed. The clam chowder is fantastic. My favorite with the chowder is the halibut and chips. My hubby prefers the large cod pieces with chips. The portions are large, service is excellent. View of Puget Sound is just a bonus!

1  Thank Merileespot

Been to Wally's Chowder House? Share your experiences!